Searching Verb Moods

Stephen F. Miletic

Has anyone tried to search, say the Gospel of John, for moods only, without idenitfying a specific verb? God bless, stephen

Do you mean "[VERB]"? This search syntax will give you all the moods in any of the tagged Greek New Testaments. Of course you can constraint the search according to Person, Number, Tense, Voice, and so on.

Hope this helps.

Stephen,

Place your cursor in the entry box of the Search window with the Search for Words radio button activated, then go to the Search menu. Choose "Verb..." from the Enter Grammatical Tag submenu. In the dialog box that opens, select the Mood you want to search for from the Mood pop-up menu. Hold down the shift key to select multiple moods, or click the Not checkbox beside the pop-up to exclude the selected moods. Click OK to dismiss the dialog box, then click OK to perform your search. Once you're done, be sure to click the Details button and check out the Graph and Analysis.

Hope this helps.

Dear Ruben - Yes, I mean verb. I don't understand your question. However, David gave me a way and I'll try it and get back to him and you. Thanks for replying, in Christ, stephen

Dear Stephen,

It is so easy to perform such a search with Accordance (i.e., [VERB], which is the search syntax you would see on your search entry box) that I wondered if that is what you were after. Sorry about the confusion. I was very brief in my reply, and probably took for granted a certain degree of familiarity with the program. Happily, David (Lang) has gone into some more detail, explaining how you can perform the search step by step.

Best,

Archived