Julia Falling

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:25 PM

Which is why you use Accordance instead of the competition. Of course, the downside is fewer sandwiches. 

Yep – I've watched the Bible software speed tests on YouTube.  Competition basically left in the dust.  

There are other issues, also, with some software.  The Accordance approach, with the Bible itself being primary, is superior, IMO.  We had some experience with the Libronix system with some earlier software – I think it might have been the MacArthur Study Bible?  Anyway, I absolutely hated it – clunky, IMO.  Maybe it has improved.  At this point, we are not switching to something else.  Libronix may be perfect for some.  I think my brain is not wired correctly for such a system.  We don't own any Bible software besides Accordance.  Nor do we wish to.  I like intuitive – Accordance and the Mac.

• Mark Allison and Daniel Francis like this

Julia Falling

13" MacBook Pro Mojave Acc 12
mid-2017 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)
16 GB RAM; 512 GB SSD

iPad Pro iOS 12
128 GB
iAccord 2.7

iPhone 8 iOS 12
64 GB
iAccord 2.7

Used for backup only:
Mac mini Mojave Acc 12
late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)
16 GB RAM; 1.12 TB Fusion Drive

#42 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:59 PM

I use Verbum 7 (Logos catholic variant ) and Accordance every day... I find both acceptable speed wise although Accordance is faster. I do feel over all Accordance is far better designed. Before the days of having an SSD Logos apps were painfully slow and may well still be. Having as large a library as I do I cannot see myself leaving it behind. That said it is Accordance I recommend because it is better designed and for the most part has almost everything a student could want or need in commentaries, lexicons, etc. Indeed Accordance has a far cheaper entry point and for the most part is a far better value. In many respects it honestly feels like Faithlife (Logos) is failing apart. Over the past year there has been massive layoffs, we have been told some planed for features would be abandoned because of lack of staff to implement them. I am not worried they would ever disappear with no support because I do think someone would scoop them up in the event of disaster but enough on that.... I am very thankful that Accordance is here providing a solid program to use on the desktop and mobile platforms (even if i do wish the mobile offered more options like an infopane of it's own, but at least you need no connection to use your mobile app).

-Dan

#43 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:08 PM

I use Verbum 7 (Logos catholic variant ) and Accordance every day... I find both acceptable speed wise although Accordance is faster. I do feel over all Accordance is far better designed. Before the days of having an SSD Logos apps were painfully slow and may well still be. Having as large a library as I do I cannot see myself leaving it behind. That said it is Accordance I recommend because it is better designed and for the most part has almost everything a student could want or need in commentaries, lexicons, etc. Indeed Accordance has a far cheaper entry point and for the most part is a far better value. In many respects it honestly feels like Faithlife (Logos) is failing apart. Over the past year there has been massive layoffs, we have been told some planed for features would be abandoned because of lack of staff to implement them. I am not worried they would ever disappear with no support because I do think someone would scoop them up in the event of disaster but enough on that.... I am very thankful that Accordance is here providing a solid program to use on the desktop and mobile platforms (even if i do wish the mobile offered more options like an infopane of it's own, but at least you need no connection to use your mobile app).

-Dan

Funny I just came here from looking at the Logos website. I wanted to try out a demo of Logos 7 but couldn't find one. I had a demo version of Logos a couple of years ago, maybe it was version 4 or 5. But it seems that now I have to buy a package to try it out and if I don't like it I can return it within 90 days (or however many.)

I just want to try it out on my computer. That's all. Nothing else. Just a simple demo to see what its like.

I'm not planning to critique it or condemn it, I just want to have a go and see for myself.

But I can't. So forget it.

Edited by Alistair, 25 November 2016 - 04:09 PM.

#44 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

There is an ios version you can try. It stayed on my ipad for all of 10 minutes!

I just found the basic entry package too expensive with too many resources i didnt want.

;o)

I came to this via zondervan bible study cds, first windows then mac and it took me about a year of using the mac before i eventually got something and very pleased with the choice i made.

Edited by ukfraser, 25 November 2016 - 04:17 PM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 11x on iPad pro and iOS 9 on iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#45 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:38 PM

one can download the 6 engine and set up an account purchasing freely the lexham bible and faithlife study bible.... you get no original language access but gives you a chance to try it... and 6.14 SR2 is identical in behaviour to 7.0.... 

-Dan

#46 Emanuel Cardona

Emanuel Cardona

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Study, learn, live, and teach the written Word of God, the Bible [Estudiar, aprender, vivir y enseñar la Palabra escrita de Dios, la Biblia] ▪ Biblical hermeneutics [Hermenéutica bíblica] ▪ Biblical languages [Lenguas bíblicas] ▪ Theology [Teología] ▪ Listen to faithful expositions of Scripture [Escuchar exposiciones fieles de la Escritura] ▪ Learn from others who have undertaken all the labors necessary to gain a thorough grasp of the meaning of Scripture [Aprender de otros que han emprendido todos los trabajos necesarios para adquirir una comprensión cabal del significado de la Escritura] ▪ https://ebible.com/ ▪ https://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/ ▪ http://bhebrew.biblicalhumanities.org/ ▪ https://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/index.php
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:07 PM

How do I resize the wallpaper to fit a 10.5 iPad Pro screen?

In the love of God that is in Christ Jesus [En el amor de Dios que es en Cristo Jesús],

Emanuel Cardona

Platforms:

f

Accordance for Mac

1)       Accordance Version: 12.1.3

Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (64-bit)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5650U CPU @ 2.20 GHz

Model: MacBook Air (13.3-inch, Mid 2017)

RAM: 8GB

Storage: 256GB SSD

fff

Accordance for Windows

1)      Accordance Version: 12.1.3.1

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz

Model: Dell Inspiron 7559 (15.6-inch, Early 2017)

RAM: 16GB

Storage: 1TB HDD w/ 8GB Built-in SSD Cache + 275GB SSD

fff

Accordance Mobile

1)      Accordance Version: 2.5.7

Operating System: iOS 11.0.3 (64-bit)

Processor: A10X Fusion CPU @ 2.38 GHz

Model: iPad Pro (10.5-inch, Mid 2017)

RAM: 4GB

Storage: 64GB NAND

#47 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,775 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

How do I resize the wallpaper to fit a 10.5 iPad Pro screen?

Here’s the one I have on my iPad Pro. 

Attached File  12artwork--powered by no XI.png   1.47MB   0 downloads

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS High Sierra

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS Mojave

Windows

2018 10" Microsoft Surface Go - 1.6 Ghz Pentium Gold, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

+ Parallels install of Windows 10 Pro on the above MacBook Pro

iOS

2018 iPhone XS Max - 256 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 12.x

2016 iPad Pro (12.9”) - 256 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 12.x

Android 

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - 128 GB internal, Android OS 8.0

2017 Blu Grand M - 8 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Android OS 6.0

#48 Emanuel Cardona

Emanuel Cardona

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Interests:Study, learn, live, and teach the written Word of God, the Bible [Estudiar, aprender, vivir y enseñar la Palabra escrita de Dios, la Biblia] ▪ Biblical hermeneutics [Hermenéutica bíblica] ▪ Biblical languages [Lenguas bíblicas] ▪ Theology [Teología] ▪ Listen to faithful expositions of Scripture [Escuchar exposiciones fieles de la Escritura] ▪ Learn from others who have undertaken all the labors necessary to gain a thorough grasp of the meaning of Scripture [Aprender de otros que han emprendido todos los trabajos necesarios para adquirir una comprensión cabal del significado de la Escritura] ▪ https://ebible.com/ ▪ https://hermeneutics.stackexchange.com/ ▪ http://bhebrew.biblicalhumanities.org/ ▪ https://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/index.php

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:36 PM

Sorry, still big. :(

In the love of God that is in Christ Jesus [En el amor de Dios que es en Cristo Jesús],

Emanuel Cardona

Platforms:

f

Accordance for Mac

fff

Accordance for Windows

fff

Accordance Mobile

#49 Emanuel Cardona

Emanuel Cardona

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:22 PM

Horizontally, it fits. Vertically, no. Any way to have it fit both ways?

Emanuel Cardona

Platforms:

f

Accordance for Mac

fff

Accordance for Windows

fff

Accordance Mobile

#50 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,775 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:31 PM

Horizontally, it fits. Vertically, no. Any way to have it fit both ways?

Geometry says no ;-)

I rarely ever use my iPad Pro in portrait orientation, so for my purposes, it doesn’t matter. Or if I am using it in portrait, I’m probably not looking at the Springboard.
  • Emanuel Cardona likes this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS High Sierra

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS Mojave

Windows

2018 10" Microsoft Surface Go - 1.6 Ghz Pentium Gold, 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

+ Parallels install of Windows 10 Pro on the above MacBook Pro

iOS

2018 iPhone XS Max - 256 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 12.x

2016 iPad Pro (12.9”) - 256 GB, T-Mobile, iOS 12.x

Android 

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - 128 GB internal, Android OS 8.0

2017 Blu Grand M - 8 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Android OS 6.0

#51 Emanuel Cardona

Emanuel Cardona

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:34 PM

;) Thanks! 

Emanuel Cardona

Platforms:

f

Accordance for Mac

fff

Accordance for Windows

fff

Accordance Mobile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users