Weekly Specials?

kpang808

Wait till Friday...

Last years "Black Friday" special left some users feeling quite underwhelmed… I wonder what this year's special will be?

Well, we just had a whole bunch of nice new resources made available at great intro prices …

Ahh, that is right, the famous day after Thanksgiving specials...hopefully they are good  ;)

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that Oak Tree should start to Honour the special celebrations of countries other than the US, so for example a huge reduction on all items to celebrate Bastille Day (14 July) in France. If enough of us pester them with frivolous requests for discounts for every minor holiday or celebration from every country in the world (Pancake Day discount, anyone?), we should soon see pretty much everything on sale all the time.

I would like to start by suggesting a week-long Summer sale to celebrate Swan-upping. I'm saving up already.

• Like 3

Australia Day and India's Republic Day both fall on the 26th of January. Well over a billion potential customers between these two

• Like 3

I had no idea what swan upping was so I did a search.  Very interesting.  It's remarkable the things we learn on these forums.  Is this article accurate, Alistair?

Edited by Julia Falling
  • Like 1

I had no idea what swan upping was so I did a search.  Very interesting.  It's remarkable the things we learn on these forums.  Is this article accurate, Alistair?

Of course, Wikipedia is always accurate, about everything, all the time.

The Worshipful Company of Vintners' website gives further proof, as if further proof were needed.

http://www.vintnershall.co.uk/?page=swan_upping

Disclaimer: I have no personal experience of swan-upping, or any other kind of upping, or any activity involving swans, except rare occasions I might have thrown a stale crust of bread at one down by the river.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the video found at the link, Alistair.

There is a lot of junk on the web, and Wikipedia is certainly not infallible.  Has a good article on the TR, however.  Has some good medical info.  So does Mayo, WebMD, etc..  

The web is no substitute for real books by real scholars and real doctors with real diagnostic skills and tools!

• Like 1

The web is no substitute for real books by real scholars and real doctors with real diagnostic skills and tools!

Quite right. There is something reassuring in that people take responsibility for what they write and publish in print, whereas any idiot can rant about their pet theories and unsubstantiated opinions on the web.

</rant>

• Like 1

If we follow the abbotsbury regime, then we could have a daily offering every day, as the swans ring the bell.

;o)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2159733/Swans-ring-bell-food-centuries-old-tradition-muscled-enterprising-ducks.html

Julia, search abbotsbury

Its a real place and a real event.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Fraser – That was great.  

So it's not just my dog that is highly food-motivated? 

Edited by Julia Falling