Analytics

Bijan

Hello, I just got Accordance and am in an Elementary Hebrew course. I am wanting to find all the different translations of a word.

For example, I am looking at the word tsadekiym in Psalm 1:6. I right-clicked tsadekiym, and used the "Search For" option and selected "Inflected" (I am assuming that analytics is now searching for all the inflected forms of tsadekiym). It then opens a separate tab listing all the passages and highlighting the different usages.

When I click on "Analytics", I click on "Pie Chart" under "Word Counts". It gives me the Pie Chart and in the top right corner there are different options and I selected "INFLECT"  and it looks like it shows different words, but it doesn't show what those words mean. It does show that tsadiq is used 121 times, but then another part of the pie shows the exact same word with the exact same spelling used 25 times and I opened instant details, but it doesn't show the English translations of those words.

Can anyone help me? Maybe I'm going about this incorrectly. 

There's some helpful information on this on Mark's webinar.  The specific discussion is in the second half of the video.  
I hope this is some help to you.

https://attendee.got...347441765496321

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1

If you go to your preferred English translation that is tagged, you can search the word by Key Word.

1.  Open up ESV with Strong's Number

2.  Find Psalm 1:6

3. Right click on "righteous" or your word of interest; choose Search For -> Key Number

4.  You will see a list of all the occurences in the ESV that is linked to H6662, tzaddiqim

5.  Click on Analytics to your Pie Chart, and select Word (might be defaulted as Key Number)

You should see a list of all the different words that the ESV uses to translate your Hebrew word.

184 = righteous

7 = right

4 = innocent

4 = Righteous

etc.

You can also create a User Group and include all your English Bibles that are tagged.

Then open a new Research Tab, and search for [KEY H6662]

If I include ESV, HCSB, KJV, NASB, NKJV and NRSV, I get the following

1061 = righteous

88 = just

26 = right

21 = Righteous

19 = innocent

etc.

This is a compilation of all the different English words used for the Hebrew word translated "righteous" in Psalm 1:6 in 6 English translations (ESV, HCSB, KJV, NASB, NKJV and NRSV)

pedro

Edited by pedcheung
  • Like 1