Can't import Unicode text into User Tool

Guntis

Hi,
I wanted to create a new User Tool "Didache" in Latvian. So I created "Didahe (Latviski)" User Tool and tried to paste Unicode text from this web page: http://biblos.lv/Didahe.html(Reader Mode in Safari browser), but it pasted only first 2-3 words and that's all.

Then I saved Didache e-text as HTML, opened it in TextEdit, removed image and simplified formatting. Tried to import saved HTML file into the existing User Tool file. It imported all text, except all Latvian letters were lost. I opened file for editing, but it doesn't even show Unicode characters properly when I enter them. Can't type in Latvian. A bug or a missing feature?

User Tools do not support Unicode yet, unfortunately.  They only specifically support it for import to translate Greek and Hebrew unicode into our internal fonts.  You'll need to use User Notes or a Paper if you need Unicode support for now.

• Like 1

It's a good news that Paper supports unicode! Still looking forward that User Tools will support unicode one day.

Edited by Mutien Chen
  • Like 2

User Tools do not support Unicode yet, unfortunately.  They only specifically support it for import to translate Greek and Hebrew unicode into our internal fonts.  You'll need to use User Notes or a Paper if you need Unicode support for now.

Thank you for explanation! 

Yes, I'm also looking forward that User Tools will support unicode one day! :-)

+1 looking forward to ALL user items (tools and bibles and notes oh my) support unicode and RTL really nice. That would be a huge milestone for my workflow!

Thanks!

• Like 2