#1 sopenco

sopenco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

When attempting to share a verse / selection of verses onto Facebook, user input text appears above an Accordance link, but the text of the verse doesn't appear in the post.

Attached Files

#2 Chris Rockwell

Chris Rockwell

Gold

• Accordance
  • 382 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:25 PM

Hey, 

Unfortunately Facebook has changed their policy on sharing and no longer allows us to add the verse text as we did in the past. We plan to investigate this further in the future to see if it's a possibility. For now, I would recommend copying the verse text and pasting it in the Facebook post.

Chris

• Jesse D likes this
iOS Developer
OakTree Software

#3 Lance

Lance

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:09 PM

Is there any further news on this one? The link share feature is frankly useless. Would it be possible to just replace the existing feature with a link to YouVersion or Bible Gateway or whatever?

Blessings!
Lance <º))><

iMac late-2013 (10.13), iPhone 8, iPad mini 4

#4 Jesse D

Jesse D

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Currently, I am interested in what makes up man according to the bible. I have a fairly robust understanding of man according to personality by way of Typology. I also have a passion for heavy Christian music such as Demon Hunter. God is good.
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

Wow, this is really lame. Shame on FB.

New music I am interested in:

https://youtu.be/Y-ZiJmDOk2c - Matisyahu, Produces Reggae and Pop music as a practicing Jew. His song "One Day" talks about peace between the world at large

https://youtu.be/44S6vBveKZQ - Demon Hunter, Traditional Christian Metal/Rock band who just came out with 2 very successful albums, separately, titled 'War' & 'Peace'

https://youtu.be/R7REkjcwM_8- POD (Payable On Death), Positive Nu-Metal/Rock/Reggae band that gained popularity when they came out with "Alive" and "Youth of the Nation" off the album 'Satellite' which released 9/11/2001

https://youtu.be/Bz-g2tucn24- Project 86, Post-Hardcore Christian band. Andrew Schwab, the front man of the band runs a podcast (which I support through Patreon) dedicated to helping other creatives find their voice.

See my YouTube channel, and it's purpose! I am pretty underground now, but I think I am going to make it!

https://www.youtube....og8xbPfEWXFUiQ?

As I see John 6:29:

Joshua replied to all of them, "In me is the Work of God, in order that you [all] trust that I will send you."

Jesus started His ministry as a commandment of God through His mother, whom he obeyed, to urged Him to begin His ministry. What transpires from that is Him as the greatest light of the world that ever was and ever will be. As a representation of this, he did a miracle and from six pots of water He made into wine that represents humanity at large. He made the wine into the best tasting wine as a representation of what He does for those of us who believe He was God and did the Work of God so that He might send out His Spirit upon the whole world.

#5 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 5,515 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:26 AM

Lance, this is really a restriction from Facebook, not us.  If you use any alternative Sharing method, you'll actually get the text of your verse.  Facebook blocks any pre-generated content that wasn't an image or link.

The best that can be done in these situations is to have the link automatically preview part of the verse.  Its still not copyable or easily readable, but it at least includes some hinting at the content.  We definitely hope to allow this improvement in the near future.

I would also like to point out that, in the two years since this thread started, we have done some significant sharing improvements, with better link support, better formatting, and more consistent usage.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#6 Lance

Lance

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:14 AM

Thanks Joel. So just to clarify ... I notice that if I share a verse from YouVersion I get this: Attached File  Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 12.02.28 am.png   67.27KB   0 downloads

Is that an example of what you mean in your second paragraph? Is it currently possible to do at least that in Accordance? If not, why not? 

Blessings!
Lance <º))><

iMac late-2013 (10.13), iPhone 8, iPad mini 4

#7 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 5,515 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:30 AM

Lance, that's exactly what I'm talking about.  You can get a 'preview' of the verse, but you'll notice it isn't selectable, copyable, and if it were much longer, it would be truncated.  In order to do this, its a website feature, rather than an Accordance feature.  We definitely have it on our list of improvements, but since its "not my department", I can't give you a specific timeframe.

At the end of the day, I would recommend, as Chris initially said, doing a Copy and Paste to Facebook.  Even the preview that you get with YouVersion isn't nearly as good as showing the actual contents of the verse.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users