User Bible import with empty chapters does not parallel properly

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 12.0.1

Mac 10.11.6

I imported a translation of Psa. 50 (OG numbering) from the LXX a friend of mine wanted me to look at. I added Psa 1:1 -> 50:1 and added his translation as 51 and used KJV numbering. Imported just fine.  Then I pulled it up in parallel with KJV and it was way off - there was no text in the parallel pane just -- on each line. I built a test import with the same structure and got the same result. I then just searched for Psa and the problem became apparent. The empty chapters *:1 were pairing up with verse numbers not just with ch:1 verses. Thus by about the end of Psa 5 we ran out of text in the UB. See this image :

post-32023-0-84160300-1480649076_thumb.jpg

I've attached my UB source text so you have a test case.

Thx

D

testPsa50.txt

Daniel, I think in another thread somewhere I mentioned this. I do wish this sort of thing would  be fixed by Accordance. What I did was asked a friend to make a macro for me (I wasn't able to myself) that adds all empty verses in to the pre-import file with three underlines as the verse text. Then Accordance does a better job of showing it in parallel with "in house" Bible texts.

• Like 1

Thanx Eric. I could do the macro thing but given the short stretch of text in this case I can simply use separate tabs.

A few things could be cleaned up here and make the whole process a bit easier, like the need to have empty chapters. It would be nice to get rid of that requirement too.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Incidentally I pulled the same UB over to Windows and there is parallels properly. So this is a Mac Acc bug somewhere.

Thx

D

• Like 1