Finer search scopes for Syntax searching

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 12.1

Mac 10.11.6

I would like to see clause, at least, but perhaps also paragraph and verse (at least where they can be used), scopes add to syntax searching.

I had a case this morning where I was doing a <NOT> between two syntax searches and instead of ending up with somewhere around 130 hit verses I got 15. I'm pretty sure that this is because the <NOT> is operating at the search scope level (which is fine and what I would expect). As a result with search scope "chapter" additional hits in the first search are excluded by the <NOT> because the second search has hits in the same chapter. Thus hits I wanted to see were tossed out also. Now, I did not prove all the expected but missing hits were tossed because of this but I did prove that this does in act occur in at least case with these searches.

Thx

D

Please elaborate. For the Hebrew syntax searching, verse, chapter, and book are currently allowed for the scope. What else is it that you're requesting?

Hi Robert,

I was using Greek but I expect it applies to both. I did try verse but when I set verse it auto-switches to Chapter. I tried it thinking it would be close enough but as soon as I ran the search it switched the scope.

Book is too broad for what I wanted. So clause or sentence was what I was after,  though I could probably use verse if it didn't switch to chapter.

Thx

D