New Text/Tool Type - Text with the feel of a Journal

G Springer

I mentioned this idea in the booth at ETS/SBL and wanted to record it here as well.

I've been very focused lately on the topic of discipleship. My thoughts, heart, and plans have revolved around the question - how can I (we) increase individuals daily/weekly study in God's word.

Throughout my life, I have utilized the Navigators Life Change series as a vehicle for personal study and as a model for group bible study.

Their books include a journal style layout that has the student study the text and write down his/her observations.

I realize that Accordance already has the ability to take notes...

What if one could also have notes where the notes were text boxes within the text-maybe even with lines to illustrate/invite reflections and answers? I'm not suggesting necessarily that this would be made available to all modules - just those within the category of this new type. The main text of the module would not be editable - only the boxes given for recording answers/reflections...

It seems like the coding for such a thing would not be overly complicated (hard work I'm sure but very possible)...

The notes could be shared with others who have the same text...a drop down with the name of who shared the entries...If you are thinking of teachers grading then the ability to add a comment would be helpful.

In this way this concept might be handy for an instructor who gives out homework as well.

A fixed text with fill in/saveable/exportable boxes...does this make sense?

If developed I wonder if Navpress (or a similar publisher) could be approached and something like their Life change series be integrated into the Accordance library. 

I'm thinking...from a pastoral point of view...if a basic discipleship workbook was packaged with the Accordance Lite...one could be encouraged to 'give' others a "free bible" as a new believer with a path of study laid out that could be shared with others in a discipleship ministry...One of the goals of the Navigators Life Change study is to "give you all the historical background, word definitions, and explanatory notes you need, so that your only other reference is the Bible." That is their stated goal in the books they produced...do you see how this aligns in many ways with Accordances philosophy...the Bible is central?

With more to say....

Shalom,

Gary

Edited by G Springer

I would also say...this would be an awesome feature for IOS too...to be able to do journal type study and reflection on my iPad pro....