Anchor Bible Dictionary

Gregory Dietrich

I was on the site looking for the Anchor Bible Dictionary today but can only find an upgrade. I see that it says that it is temporarily unavailable. Is there any time frame I could expect this resource back? It is something I really need for this semester of school and would really love not to have to buy the ole' hardcovers!

The Anchor Bible Dictionary was purchased by Yale, and Accordance has not yet been able to work out a license with them. (see this thread).

It is still listed for sale on the Cokesbury on-line store. I would presume that means you could legitimately purchase it there.

It is an old version, as the description refers to Accordance version 5. But I purchased a similarly old NIDNTT from Christian Book Distributors a year or so ago and it worked fine on my newer version of Accordance. I think you have to copy the modules and not use the installer, though.

Lorinda

The good news is that we seem to be close to agreement with Yale, and it should not take long after that to remaster and release the ABD.

Yes, older copies are legitimately available from our resellers, and are fine to use. We were asked not to continue selling once the sale of rights went through, and we complied immediately, severely taxing the patience of many users!

Archived