Accordance 12.0.1 Crashing Windows 7

PaulWilliams

Windows 7

Accordance 12.0.1

Dell Inspirion 570

Just installed 12.0.1. I have several parallel windows open in Accordance. Within a minute of moving my cursor over words or if I minimize and then restore the Accordance window, the whole text window refreshes each time I move the cursor. Then the whole window begins to refresh and flash as I move the mouse, fonts change, the cursor changes to an arrow and the lines separating the parallels disappear. I've added a jpg of how the window looks after crash. Where do I find the crash log?

I think I will reinstall 11 for now.

I have also installed 12 on my Mac with Sierra and that seems to be working fine so far.

• 2 weeks later...

This issue seems to be resolved with the latest update 12.0.2

I do not have Windows 7 but Windows 10 with the latest Dec update and immediately after upgrade it opened up. That is where it ended, from now on it will not even open.  I went back to 11.x   and then once again tried the 12.02 and it still would not open. I really doubt this is a very isolated instance but long story short I am back to 11.x..

Please contact tech support for help, unless you can open in Safe mode by pressing Alt immediately after launching Accordance. The dialog gives you a number of temporary or permanent solutions to fix or track down the problem.

• 5 weeks later...

Just installed Accordance 12.0.3. Accordance 12.0.2 appeared to have been working better than 0.1 but it also began crashing fairly quickly. When it froze the fonts change and the lines disappeared between parallels. I was able to close it as usual and restart. I had reinstalled 11 but now I'm giving 12.0.3 a try. So far so good.

I was still having frequent crashing issues with 12.0.2 so i went back to 11. I installed 12.0.3 about an hour ago and now it has started crashing. I started it in safe mode and got the menu of options but I don't know where to start. I'm having the issues with Windows 7.

I have cleard the caches and am seeing if that will help.

Just crashed again. I'm going back to 11 for now.

Just read it, Orly. Thanks. I'll try again.

• 5 months later...

Here it is a few months later using 11 instead of 12. I tried again with 12.1.0 and it continues to crash after a few minutes. I decided to give it a try as I bought a new book which would not install in version 11. The dialog said something about having to delete a Maps file from Preference folder under User Library Preferences. I deleted the Maps file and the Maps.acc1 file but it still would not install. So installed 12 and was able to do the easy install and do some updates. After  I got back to using Accordance 12 it crashed so I switched back to 11. Fortunately the new book works in 11. 

When I was installing updates in ver. 12 there was a file related to maps that would not download. It does not appear as a download in ver. 11.

So I am still not able to use ver 12 on my PC. It works fine on my Mac.

I suggest you contact support and set up a screenshare session so that they can help identify the problem.