Icon Bouncing, Not Responding

Matthew Johnson

Out of nowhere when I click on Accordance in the Dock or it's icon in Finder, it just won't open. I've been using it fine for three months on Leopard and switched to an iMac on Jan 1, but I've been running it everyday since Jan 1 and didn't have any problems.

Do I need to delete and reinstall?

Please try removing the Startup session from your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. If that does not help, try removing or renaming the entire folder and see if that fixes it.

Please try removing the Startup session from your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. If that does not help, try removing or renaming the entire folder and see if that fixes it.

There wasn't a "Startup" file and I removed the folder and that didn't work either.

Should I back up my user tools and notes and reinstall?

Reinstalling all CDs and modules will almost certainly not help. I assume you have upgraded to 7.4.2. In any case, it is worth reinstalling that version of Accordance. You can also try creating a new user and see if Accordance runs OK in the new user.

Have you recently changed anything on the Mac, added any unusual third party hardware or software? Have you used Disk Utility to repair permissions and check the hard drive?

Oooooh. Awesome. Repairing Permissions worked.

That's interesting in regard to the discussion earlier this week about whether or not there's still a need to periodically repair permissions.

Sounds to me like there is.

Archived