Choose which highlight to clear

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I really appreciate the highlighting feature. I've been using it more of late. But I wish there were a way to specify which hightlight I want to clear on selected text.

This week I decided to mark up Isaiah 9:1-2 and Matthew 4:15-16, to notate how Matthew's quotation differs from the LXX1 text. But everytime I chose the wrong highlight for a particular word, I had no choice but to clear all the highlights on that word. To make matters worse, a large swath of text is highlighted in a "Quoted by NT" style; If I attributed the wrong style to one word in that section (e.g. "Omitted in NT" instead of "Word Altered"), clearing the highlights on that word cleared the "Quoted by NT" style from the entire verse.

Because I kept making mistakes and because of the way clear highlighting works, this project took me twice as long as it could have if I had been able to selectively clear highlighting.

On a side note, if I can get all of Matthew's Old Testament quotes (and the corresponding OT verses) marked up, I'll gladly make the highlighting file available to the Exchange.

Lorinda

• 4 weeks later...

Archived