Marking up a text

Madcolt1

When I study passages I like to copy and paste the scripture onto a document and then use a drawing or symbol features to circle words, draw arrows to certain places, in general just mark up the text. I would like to be able to do that in Accordance. Is there any way to copy Scripture onto a User Tool or something, and then have the ability to do that. Any suggestions on how I would be able to do this and have them available on Accordance?

You can do the usual text emphasis in user notes; bold, underline, colour text etc in user notes, and they will scroll with your text.  Alternatively, you can highlight the text itself with an array of colours, borders, underlines and icons. The text will scroll with your user notes, and if changes are applied to the whole verse they will show in every version of the bible that you own.  (Use the highlight palette for this).

I hope this is what your after?

Paul.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

I think the easiest way to do this is to use the diagramming tool.

Open a new Workspace.  Highlight the text you want to mark up, and click the Diagram icon in your Tool Bar.  

post-330-0-31848200-1482411020_thumb.jpg

Or get to the Diagram from Amplify>Language>Diagram.

post-330-0-87368000-1482411072_thumb.jpg

From there you can move text around, change the color of text, and use arrows and arcs to do what you want.  Those who do Bible Arcing can do it with the Diagramming Tool, I think.  Or you can use the Diagramming Tool to do phrasing.

Page orientation can be changed from portrait to landscape using File>Page Setup.

Thank you very much! Is it possible to create my markups on a different program like a PDF and import it into a user tool? Or would you lose the markups and only the text would import?

You can import text and images.  If the PDF were converted to an image, you should be able to import it?  I don't know for sure.  Give it a try.  I have added images to my User Notes.  Since User Tools behave in the same way, you should be able to add images to them, too.  You could add your marked up text to User Notes or User Tools, I would expect.  You won't break anything by trying.  Create a Test file (User Tool or User Notes) and convert any PDF to a .jpg and drag it into your new User Tool/User Notes.