12.0.2 will not launch without removing startup session every time

Matt Fredenburg

Hi,

I'm having some difficulties with Accordance 12. Fresh install of 12.0.2. Every time I close Accordance, I am unable to open it again. I can see it appear momentarily in Task Manager, but then it disappears. What follows is the current sequence I am following to launch Accordance:

1. Alt-click on the Accordance icon.

2. Click 'Remove startup session' followed by clicking 'Launch Accordance'

3. Accordance launches.

4. Close Accordance via File->Quit

5. Try to open Accordance. It appears in Task Manager briefly and then disappears.

6. Go to step 1

I have also tried (multiple times) selecting various combinations of 'Remove 'General' Settings', 'Clear Library Cache,' 'Clear Research Cache', 'Clear cached downloads' repeatedly, and the results are the same.

I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.

A workaround/fix would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Some of the suggestions mentioned at

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/18554-content-update-crash/page-1?do=findComment&comment=90486

helped many of us in the past. Maybe Run as Administrator, clearing App Data, and deleting Acc registry entries will help.

Regards,

Michel

Hi Matt,

Some of the suggestions mentioned at

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/18554-content-update-crash/page-1?do=findComment&comment=90486

helped many of us in the past. Maybe Run as Administrator, clearing App Data, and deleting Acc registry entries will help.

Regards,

Michel

Thanks Michel. I tried running as administrator: no change. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple times with no luck. It looks like I'm going to need the Accordance folks to pipe in here...

Matt

Hi ya,

I am seeing no such issues on 12.0.2 in Win 10. Given that you can open it with a reset of the startup session it's presumably something there. I have to assume (but in mentioning this I am asking if it is correct) that you have Accordance set to open with the 'last session'. You might try setting that to a default session and see if that helps. It may but it would likely then imply that the saved session was in some getting corrupted. But if you can get this to open cleanly and shutdown cleanly a couple of times, I would then try switching the pref back to 'last session' if that's what you want, and then exit normally and try to open again. Hopefully that will have reconstructed the saved session in a clean form.

Failing that though, ping the support folks and they can probably Skype with you and work through what's what.

Thx

D

Hi Matt,

I just remembered I had similar problems with Acc 11; see https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/19350-trouble-after-latest-update-to-windows-10-pro-version-1607/?do=findComment&comment=94302

Maybe it will help Acc staff to find the problem.

Regards,

Michel

Hi Matt,

I just remembered I had similar problems with Acc 11; see https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/19350-trouble-after-latest-update-to-windows-10-pro-version-1607/?do=findComment&comment=94302

Maybe it will help Acc staff to find the problem.

Regards,

Michel

Hi Michel, thanks for the link. I waited four and a half hours :) but no update. Hopefully,  Accordance support will be able to resolve this.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

If anyone is still having problems with ver. 12.0.2.0 not launching in Windows 10; I updated to Windows 10 Build 15007 and that seems to have corrected the issue for me.