ICYMI: Hermeneia Commentary - $499!

R. Mansfield

Whoa! Did you see this? HERMENEIA COMMENTARY SERIES (49 volumes) for the Accordance Library is on sale for only $499!

This is part of our current Top 20 sale, but I want to make certain our users (the ones who don't have Hermeneia yet) know about this price, which (as far as I know) is the least expensive price right now on any platform--print or digital. If you were to buy these in print on Amazon, you might get 6 or so volumes for this price, and here you can get all 49! Plus, with Accordance, you can carry all of them at once!

Hermeneia is the most comprehensive commentary series in print covering Old Testament, New Testament, Apocrypha/Deuterocanonicals, Early Church Writings, and Pseudepigrapha.

This is not one to let slip by! PayPlan is available, too.

If you already have Hermeneia, let your friends know. Even if they aren't Accordance users (yet), they could purchase the series and run it in our free Accordance Lite edition.

For more information about this series and/or to make a purchase, please see the Hermeneia Commentary Series page.

• Like 1

Can i ask if anyone knows or understands why most volumes are either unranked or score low on the best commentaries web site?

( i am not a fan of the site though it is an interesting resource to see what is available. but i really dont understand how it arrives at its rankings and this is a classic example.)

Thanks

http://bestcommentaries.com/series/hermeneia-herm/

Mildly interested but confused.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

Can i ask if anyone knows or understands why most volumes are either unranked or score low on the best commentaries web site?

Without getting into specifics or debate, I would suggest that the Best Commentaries site (on which we also advertise) has a primary audience of Evangelicals and Evangelical pastors. The Hermeneia series tends to be a bit left of that target audience in its conclusions, so that may be the reason. 

I will say this, however: the Hermeneia series is one of the most thorough commentary series available. Personally, I don't have to agree with a particular conclusion or perspective of a writer to benefit from using a tool like this. If I wanted a reference work I agreed with 100%, I suppose I'd have to write it. But then I might have to rewrite it next week!

• Like 4

Heads up! This sale ends at midnight tonight EST!