Need some help setting up some resources

Emanuel Cardona

How do I set up Diccionario Strong (Spanish) as my default in instant details?

On the iOS Mobile app you move them to the top of their sections in the Library, and on the "desktop" computer app you select them in Preferences: Amplify.

On the iOS Mobile app you move them to the top of their sections in the Library, and on the "desktop" computer app you select them in Preferences: Amplify.

After I moved them to the top of their Greek and Hebrew Tools, it still did not manage to fix it. The same for the desktop version. Am I missing something? Maybe you can provide screenshots?

On the desktop version, I can right click on a word in Spanish text, and press Look Up: Dictionary, and Strongs in Spanish will show up. However, not in the instant details.

On the mobile app, I can Amplify: Key Number, and I get Kohlenberger/Mounce Hebrew, the same as in the instant details. 

Edited by Emanuel Cardona

Hello Emanuel

I found out. If I select Basilea on Matt 1:5 then the Spanish Strong's tool comes up. This must be by you the same. If I select Dauid in Matt 1:6 then the Mounce come up, because there is no Strong number. post-32723-0-37478500-1483176256_thumb.png

On Windows: go to Help Menu and choose Setup Assistant and there you have to choose the Spanish too. Thats for the Triple-Click.post-32723-0-19965000-1483176023_thumb.png

If then a Spanish Wordbook comes you can choose there a it too as default. But you have it then also to put on top of the library section.

For the Instant Details you have to choose a Spanish Translation for Key Resources too. post-32723-0-27159100-1483176060_thumb.png and post-32723-0-99800000-1483176099_thumb.png

Hello Emanuel

I found out. If I select Basilea on Matt 1:5 then the Spanish Strong's tool comes up. This must be by you the same. If I select Dauid in Matt 1:6 then the Mounce come up, because there is no Strong number. attachicon.gifIMG_1242.PNG

On Windows: go to Help Menu and choose Setup Assistant and there you have to choose the Spanish too. Thats for the Triple-Click.attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2016-12-31 um 10.13.21.png

If then a Spanish Wordbook comes you can choose there a it too as default. But you have it then also to put on top of the library section.

For the Instant Details you have to choose a Spanish Translation for Key Resources too. attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2016-12-31 um 10.12.08.png and attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2016-12-31 um 10.11.45.png

So me to use Spanish Strong's tool in the mobile app, I noticed that only when I use a Greek text and not Reina-Valera. Is this correct?

I did everything exact on the desktop version, but there is no Strong's info. showing up in the instant details.

Mmh, it seems I have to correct my post above.

I even find there is some bug in the iOS version. With triple click on a Word on the Mac I got an entry from the Spanish Strong tool, but on the same Bible (Reina Valera 1995S) I got no entry on iOS.

Emanuel try to uncheck the box of the image post-32723-0-16526300-1483188556_thumb.png, then it should comes the Spanish Strong's tool in Reina Valera, but also the English in English texts. Have you done the RV95S in the key recourse? post-32723-0-67338000-1483188823_thumb.png

Edited by Fabian

I do get the Strong's, but only when I triple click. Strong's does not show up in the actual instant details. I have the Reina-Valera 1960S in the Key Resource. I have checked and just know unchecked the box, but instant details still the same.

Matt 1:1 instant details by me: 

Libro  G0976  βίβλος   biblos  

[GNT28-T] Βίβλος Biblos  Noun feminine singular nominative  scroll, book, record (Casuspend)

You can see the first word in the line above is in Spanish. 

But what about the Strong's definition? Should it not also show up too in the instant details, like here?

Emanuel try to uncheck the box of the image attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2016-12-31 um 13.46.34.png, then it should comes the Spanish Strong's tool in Reina Valera, but also the English in English texts. 

Does the overwrite only works for English? I mean If I open the NASB with unchecked then it opens the NAS Strong's. With checked the Mounce. 

But with Spanish and unchecked the Spanish and with checked also the Spanish instead of Mounce?

I did this, and no improvement:

English: English Dictionary

Greek: Diccionario Griego (Strong)

Hebrew: Dicionario Hebreo (Strong)

Latin: BHS Latin Key

Verse Reference: New Bible Commentary

(checked) Override Key Number Dictionaries    (I have also tried it unchecked)

Greek Key Number: Diccionario Griego (Strong)

Hebrew Key Number: Diccionario Hebreo (Strong)

As a side note, if someone may please show me how to add a screen shot on here it will be most helpful.

But what about the Strong's definition? Should it not also show up too in the instant details, like here?

On Mac you have to press the Command key. On Win you have to press ? (ctrl?) by hover over a word in the text.

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

As a side note, if someone may please show me how to add a screen shot on here it will be most helpful.

You have to go down right [More Replay Options] then you can upload an image, after you can it add to the post.

Edited by Fabian

Ok, I am getting much closer. Thank you!  Now, how do I do the same for Accordance mobile?

You have to go down right [More Replay Options] then you can upload an image, after you can it add to the post.

Thank you for letting me know this. It is always helpful to provide screenshots, if needed.

Strange. It was working just right now. see image above but now only the Mounce is showing instead of the Spanish Strong's which is on the top. Also if I drag Mounce to the bottom.

And if I bring NT Word Study to the top it does't work either. Still Mounce comes on Matt 1:23.

I beliefe this is broken on 2.4.4.  

I can only on GNT see the Spanish Strong's in Instant details but not on RV95S. 

Maybe on iPhones with force touch it works like on Mac with press command?

Edited by Fabian

The same here. When I have a Hebrew or Greek text displayed, Spanish Strong's appear in Instant details. But when I have RVR1960S displayed, Mounce comes back on in Instant details.