Accordance Bible Atlas Question

Emanuel Cardona

I would like the names of the places on a map to appear in Spanish instead of English for students that speak Spanish. And then back to English later on. Is there a way to do this? 

Edited by Emanuel Cardona
  • Like 1

It would be GREAT if the Atlas and Timeline in Accordance would do this!

Meantime, there is an app that will allow you to have different languages for certain maps and switch back and forth between languages: http://www.ntmbookstore.com/Map-Creator-Purchase-Key-p/167002.htm and http://fmosoft.com/ and http://fmosoft.com/download. I paid for this app a few years ago. Seems it is being given away for free now.

Edited by EricC
  • Like 1

Accordance Map and Timeline have been localized into Spanish for quite some time. You should be able to have all the names displayed in Spanish IF your Operating System (Mac or Windows) is also set to that language.

post-9-0-70832000-1483698548_thumb.png

For the Mac, there is a free app called Language Switcher that allows you to open a program in any of the languages available irrespective of the language of your OS. I don't know if there is any Windows program that can do something similar to that.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Ruben Gomez
  • Like 4

It would be GREAT if the Atlas and Timeline in Accordance would do this!

Yes, please.

The app is very interesting and may provide good tips for future Accordance map updates.

You should be able to have all the names displayed in Spanish IF your Operating System (Mac or Windows) is also set to that language.

How do I set my Operating System to Spanish temporarily?

What's your OS, Mac or Windows? What version? What version of Accordance are you using?

What's your OS, Mac or Windows? What version? What version of Accordance are you using?

Windows. Vista. Accordance 11.2.4.

Sorry, usually this info. is attached to my posts. Not sure if it shows up on your end.

Sorry. I answered from my phone and did not see any info.

It's a long time since I used Windows Vista, but you should be able to download the Spanish language pack. Once downloaded and installed you will be able to choose the language and keyboard of your OS. However, every time you switch languages you will have to reboot your PC.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Ruben Gomez

Sorry. I answered from my phone and did not see any info.

It's a long time since I used Windows Vista, but you should be able to download the Spanish language pack. Once downloaded and installed you will be able to choose the language and keyboard of your OS. However, every time you switch languages you will have to reboot your PC.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the instructions. I did all the steps and was unsuccessful. Then I found out that with Vista "premium" I can change the language only once (at the time of validating the computer). 

It would be great if there was something like, at least, a translate option in Accordance map. And if the translation is not accurate, it would be nice to have the option to type in the name of a region, city, etc.

• Like 1