MacArthur Bible Commentary

dandennison

John MacArthur has also written a single-volume whole Bible commentary in addition to his NT commentary which is mostly available in Accordance.

It would be a very nice addition to get the MacArthur Bible Commentary, ideally before this year's Shepherd's Conference Summit on February 28. That would be quite a marketing opportunity for Accordance with ~5000 pastors in attendance!

• Like 1

Dan are you referring to the commentary here

Yes

Thanks, Dan. I'll pass it along to the book committee, but even if the licensing was already worked out, it's doubtful that we could have it ready by the conference you mentioned with everything else we have in the pipeline.

• 1 year later...

Any updates on this? It would be a great addition and something I would definitely purchase.

Is there any difference between the 1 volume commentary and the MacArthur Study Bible Notes?

• 5 months later...

Julia,

The one volume commentary is quite a bit of an expansion on the study bible notes.

I would rather see more primary texts and transliterations on Accordance before the addition of another commentary series. Especially one that is not language driven. Just MHO

• Like 1

Matt: These things tend to be driven by demand and the possibility of making back the development costs associated with bringing it to market.

Matt: These things tend to be driven by demand and the possibility of making back the development costs associated with bringing it to market.

Definitely understand that. I work in business development currently. However I fear the marketing for Accordance is not driven to find out the consumer market in these things. Most of the marketing is done externally at SBL and ETS, two societies that are filled with linguists and scholars interested in language, yet the resources that are generally presented are not focused on these things. The majority are pastoral, which is fine, but the push to the text is limited in most of these instances. JMHO

• Like 1

• 1 year later...