ARGH! - change default bible in acc 10

William B

Hi, can someone please tell me how I change the default bible in accordance 10?.  I had it set to amp (i didnt choose that!) and got frustrated, so deleted the amp bible, now when I press any hyperlink with bible text I get a pop up saying it cant find the amp bible.  Heres what I cant find....any setting where I have selected the amp bible, period.  This is deeply frustrating, trying to do sermon prep but finding myself here instead because basic, basic features that I can change simply in other software and on the mobile accordance as well are so difficult to find and understand on the desk top program.

I'm now on version 12 so can't check for sure that is it in the same place in version 10 but you will need to go to preferences

So 'Accordance' menu item and select 'Preferences'

Under the 'Search Tabs' option there is a 'Text' option which will be the default text you get when you create an new workspace.

In version 12 there are other preferences which control the text you use when hyperlinking to references (pretty sure they were there in 10). They need to be set to the text you want to use as well (see under the preferences for 'User Notes Display') There is also a preferred text for 'Parallel Tabs'.)

The other thing you need to check is what your startup option is under 'General' preferences. If that is set to 'Last Session' or 'Favourite Workspace' it may well be trying to open an existing workspace which uses the AMP text. 

Accordance is very configurable hence there are many preferences but once you have them set up as you want it is very straight forward.

This is my problem all those things are set to esvs, I have shut it down, closed all tabs and still its looking for amp, so frustrating.

Try to close Accordance and start it again with pressed [alt] button. Then remove Startup session.

Have you done the ESVS on top by the Bible section?

William, go to Preferences: Tool Display and under Hypertext, set it to your preferred Bible. This will clear up your issue, I'm pretty sure. 

Remember that preferences and settings apply only to new or currently open tabs and panes. If you are opening a saved startup session or another saved workspace, you need to make the changes there and resave the file.