linking apocrypha, pseudepigrapha, and other texts in user notes

A. Smith

Is this possible? Josephus and 2 Esdras specifically. None of the usual abbreviations are working (including the references used by accordance for the texts) and it caused accordance to crash when I tried to link them.

Someone may have a better answer, but if all else fails, try linking with a location URL.

Someone may have a better answer, but if all else fails, try linking with a location URL.

I'd say that's greek to me but...

I know what a url is, but that's about it. Please explain. :)

I'd say that's greek to me but...

I know what a url is, but that's about it. Please explain. :)

Best you go to Accordance help, index and fill "URL" in. There is a lot of explanation.

• Like 1

Hi Anthony,

Position the cursor at the location you want. Right click and select Copy As -> Location URL. Paste that wherever you like.

I tried it for AF 1Clem and it worked fine while I could not get a simple reference to work. So Location URL looks like the way to go.

Apocrypha not working is odd. I wonder if it relates to the User Notes text order setting. Perhaps you need some order that includes the Apcorypha,

Just tried 1esdras 1:3 and got that to work in ID but in the latest beta there is a crash if I click on it. So you might give that a try. It didn't seem to need a different notes order. Josephus is like the AF one above, use Location URL.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל
  • Like 1

Apocrypha not working is odd. I wonder if it relates to the User Notes text order setting. Perhaps you need some order that includes the Apcorypha,

Yes please and the German Bible books too.

Hi Anthony,

Position the cursor at the location you want. Right click and select Copy As -> Location URL. Paste that wherever you like.

I tried it for AF 1Clem and it worked fine while I could not get a simple reference to work. So Location URL looks like the way to go.

Just tried 1esdras 1:3 and got that to work in ID but in the latest beta there is a crash if I click on it. So you might give that a try. It didn't seem to need a different notes order. Josephus is like the AF one above, use Location URL.

Thx

D

What I finally did is a resource link. That's a feature I never even noticed before. Looks like there is some amazing potential in that type of link (linking search?!?). 

For the url link, how can I hyper link that. The link window I get gives me the option of Scripture, Web URL, File, or Resource Link. Which would the location url be? I could always just paste the url, I know. But to specify the link text? Thanks.