ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:39 AM

Following the discussion else where, i wondered if there are any plans to include this (enhanced to your usual turbo add value)?

Just bought the app versionfor the ipad, but it is mega clunky and not impressed with the maps which have features marked but no key and it certainly doesnt appear to do everything it claims but some of the articles look interesting if you are fortunate enough to land on something.

Wouldn't say its a priority and i appreciate you have a very full pipeline but in general, i prefer the way you keep study bibles nearer to their hard copy original.

;o)

http://media.harperc...nds-study-bible

Edited by ukfraser, 21 January 2017 - 08:46 AM.

• R. Mansfield likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x on iPad pro and iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#2 Fr. Rich

Fr. Rich

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:My grandchildren
    Bible study
    Adjusting to retirement
    Fly fishing
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

+1

Rich Miller
Retired Priest
Christ the King Episcopal Church
Huntington, Indiana

Accordance 11.x running on Yosemite on MBP late 2014; iMac 25K retina display late 2014

Labor mediator and arbitrator

#3 Michael Hunt

Michael Hunt

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:oddsocks
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 06:10 AM

+1

Formerly known as oddsocks

#4 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:32 AM

With no meaning to violate any rules, I own this in Olivetree and find it a fine reader with fairly good options. The stand alone apps I have no experience using but have looked at them in the App Store and felt the look less than stellar. I would suggest if you find yourself not able to wait for Accordance to release a Study Bible Olivetree is a good choice and for Zondervan SB likely always to have it available close to first.

-dan

#5 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted Yesterday, 09:16 AM

Dan,
The ios app is also from olive tree and 'less than stellar" is possibly the understatement of the year. I certainly wouldnt recommend it and regret getting it as there is no search functionality for articles or notes or topics or maps or timelines. There are no indexes so you have to know something exists in order to look for it and there are no quick link functions so if it starts with anything down the alphabet, prepare for a lot of scrolling. You can search on the scripture text only. Its worse than a kindle version!!!!!!

I have raised this with support who think its a good idea to include search and quick links but as they have developed other study bible apps, not sure why it isnt included as standard design.

The ios limited functionality has meant i havent used it since i got it as cant find what im looking for, such as cultural stuff on shepherds and passover meal.

Rant over.

My feeling are wait in the hope that it will come to accordance or get a paper copy with indexes and have the added advantage of having the ability to lend it to people.

Edited by ukfraser, Yesterday, 09:36 AM.

• Daniel Francis likes this
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x on iPad pro and iPhone 4s, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the service including the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#6 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:42 PM

The Olive tree edition has hyperlinked indexes although strange enough the maps are not hyperlinked, indeed on the mac opening the rear maps in a window on my laptop is useless because the map is not useable. Accordance has their Zondevan maps clickable from the index.... and work quite while as i just tried out in the "Archaeological STUDY BIBLE". I am not surprised that the mac app of OT is working so poorly on that because it has almost always been an after thought. Of all OT's APPs Android iOS Windows and Mac the mac was months behind on the 6.0 update, I had heard at one time they had one programer for both iOS and Mac, if this is the case it is very sad, it would be sad enough to have one programer for each but one decided between two platforms is very sad.

-dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users