Highlight differenes in parallel verses in Gospels?

EricC

Is there a way to set one gospel (say, Matthew or Mark) as the one to be compared against and then see how the Greek differs in the others? I'd like to see the differences highlighted between, e.g., the Scrivener's text for Mark 15:20 and Matthew 27:31, or, better yet, for the whole pericope. Seems as if there must be a way to do this? (I have a user module with Scrivener's). It may be that the fact that I want to use a user Bible for this search will make it impossible. What think ye? :)

At the moment User Bibles in Greek are only in unicode to import. But then the compare functions didn't work. 

So you have also to copy-paste from the other Greek Bible to a txt file and import it also as unicode too, then you can compare. 

And if you want to compare Mark 15:20 and Matthew 27:31 you have to trick. So you have to set both verses as the same in one User Bible.

Edited by Fabian

Thank you, Fabian. It looks as if what I want to do is not really possible in Accordance 12 without a lot of manual labor and hacking. I could manually create a user Bible with "false" references (i.e., label the Mark reference with the corresponding Matthew reference), and so forth,  and then compare, but I do not have time to do that. I think there's an easier workaround in a different Bible software program, so I may try that.

I'm a bit surprised that this functionality is not available, and that others don't want to do the same thing, albeit with other Greek NT texts. Seems like the "Parallels" function would be the place to have this, even with OT passages that are very similar, where it would be a great help to be able to see immediately if and in what ways the underlying texts differ, for example, comparing Ex. 20 with Deut. 5.

• Like 1

You can use the INFER command between any two passages, from the same or different texts. It will highlight any similar phrases, leaving you with the text that is different in the second passage unhighlighted.

In this example I set the INFER options to give me the largest number of hits.

InferGreek.png

• Like 2

I was thinking about the infer too, but EricC wrote that he will compare a User Bible. I understand he will compare the User Bible to an Accordance module and e.g. Mark with Matt.

If I do Helens search a pop-up said that the language is not identical. So he had anyway to create a second User Bible, but Helen are right the step with false references are not needed. And it is also possible with other texts from Accordance. Such as compare NA28 with TR etc.