Capitalization Issues in theUBS5

tonystinson

I have noticed numerous times in the UBS5 text where capitalization differs from the paper edition of the UBS5.

A common example is the capitalization of καἰ. For instance in Revelation 11:1, καἰ is capitalize 3 times, but in the paper edition it is not.

Has anyone else noticed these capitalization differences?

Tony Stinson

post-31829-0-50640700-1485442815_thumb.png

Interesting. This looks to be a simple typographical error. I've noticed and reported on a similar issue in the NA28 text.

I've noticed it too.  I think it happened on the last release of the NA28/UBS5.  Here's an example.

Mark 3:7 Καὶ ὁ Ἰησοῦς μετὰ τῶν μαθητῶν αὐτοῦ ἀνεχώρησεν πρὸς τὴν θάλασσαν, Καὶ πολὺ πλῆθος ἀπὸ τῆς Γαλιλαίας [ἠκολούθησεν], Καὶ ἀπὸ τῆς Ἰουδαίας 8 καὶ ἀπὸ Ἱεροσολύμων καὶ ἀπὸ τῆς Ἰδουμαίας1 καὶ πέραν τοῦ Ἰορδάνου καὶ περὶ Τύρον καὶ Σιδῶνα, πλῆθος πολὺ2 ἀκούοντες ὅσα ἐποίει ἦλθον πρὸς αὐτόν.

I have found the καἱ example numbers places in the UBS5. I was reporting them, but they are so numerous, I quit. I am not noticing this same issue in NA28. I haven't checked every instance I found in the UBS5 against the NA28, but the ones that I have checked, the error does not carry over to the NA28. In other words, it seems to be a UBS5 issue.

We're looking into this. Thanks for the report.