WBC-NT Easy Setup

Guntis

I have WBC NT 26 Volume commentary installed. It says it is Version 1.5. It's named "Word Biblical NT (26 vols.)".

When I run Easy Install, it offers me the same WBC NT 26 volumes, ©2006 Version 1.9. It's named "Word Biblical Commentary NT". However, it seems to me that this v.1.9 is older than version 1.5 which I already have. Could you please check it and make some order here? If it's older, no need to offer it in the Easy Install if I have the newer version. 

post-634-0-09155200-1485728053_thumb.png

post-634-0-39432200-1485728062_thumb.png

We understand that there is some confusion with some of the commentary series upgrades.

In your case, the 1.9 version product is WBC-NT. It was the original WBC New Testament series. It has 26 volumes.

The 1.5 version product is WBC-NT-26. That was an upgrade from WBC-NT which replaced the original Vol. 40 2nd Corinthians with the Second Edition of 2nd Corinthians. That product also has 26 volumes.

When the Second Edition of 2nd Corinthians was released for the new product, the original version of 2 Corinthians was added to WBC-NT as a separate module. So you should see (in addition to the full NT series) an individual module for WBC-2Cor ("WBC: 2 Corinthians"). If that is installed, you can remove WBC-NT from your Library because all other volumes are included in WBC-NT-26.

Just let me know what other questions/issues you may have with this.

My library has WBC-25, WBC-26, WBC-2 Cor, and WBC-NT. Which of these should I remove?

post-30090-0-18122700-1485744717_thumb.png

f that is installed, you can remove WBC-NT from your Library because all other volumes are included in WBC-NT-26.

Yes, I have 2Cor module separately. Maybe in that case application could be so intelligent and not show me an old version to install?

My library has WBC-25, WBC-26, WBC-2 Cor, and WBC-NT. Which of these should I remove?

WBC-NT and WBC-NT-25.

I find this article very helpful as the individual updated volumes and recently published volumes are neatly summarised at the bottom of the page. It was however published before one volume was pulled from the nt set.

https://www.accordancebible.com/WBC-Update-Sept-2015

The latest NT set is actually WBC-25 because of the Col/Philemon volume that was removed from publication by the publisher in November 2016.

So in your case, a Library with WBC-25, WBC-2 Cor, and WBC-Col & Phm would contain all the volumes needed to be up-to-date. You can safely remove WBC-26 and WBC-NT; that would still leave you with all the released material.

I find this article very helpful as the individual updated volumes and recently published volumes are neatly summarised at the bottom of the page. It was however published before one volume was pulled from the nt set.

https://www.accordancebible.com/WBC-Update-Sept-2015

Thanks, ukfraser. There is an article that is more up-to-date than that blog post. This may be helpful. While the blog posts understandably get dated at some point, we try to maintain the Topical Articles with the latest information.

• Like 1

Thanks julie, yet another part of the web site i havent really explored before!

;o)

I see another pot of coffee being required soon.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Fraser, when I work in the 'Sources of Support' page, I am good for three pots of coffee and many hours of discovery and delight. I have so many 'aha' moments in that area of the website—happy exploring. ;-)

Cheers,

Joseph