• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

When I search, for example, the journal library, and it shows, say,100 results, all I can see is a short text snippet, but it doesnt show the heading of the title/article it came from. I have to manually mouseover the text to make the title popup. This can be annoying to have to mouse over all 100 text snippets. Is this normal, or is it a config thing unique to my computer?  

I note that there is no config/text formatting option for this panel.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 10.37.59 am.png   598.64KB   0 downloads

• Mutien Chen, Brian W. Davidson, Fabian and 1 other like this
My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#2 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

Yes it would be great to add this in the gear. 

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

#3 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

So does this mean it's not a bug, Accordance is intending to hide the name of the research each search result belongs to?

1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,763 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:57 AM

I think the intention was simply to reduce clutter, that to see more information you would mouseover a snippet that interested you.

• Ιακοβ likes this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:17 PM

I think the intention was simply to reduce clutter, that to see more information you would mouseover a snippet that interested you.

Ok, cool, I wasn't sure if it was just my computer bugging out. Reducing clutter really is important.

But in this case (Im not sure about other people) but when I am doing a journal search, i.e. "Journal articles that mention eschatology and 2 Cor 3" and then I scan down the results, I am not interested in the text of the article, but the title of the article to see if it comes near to what I am looking for, which means I have to mouseover every search result.    

So put succinctly, i my head, I am doing a search for "The titles of all journals articles that contain xyz data".

#6 Michael Hunt

Michael Hunt

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Twitter:oddsocks
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS, Android

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

I reckon a keyboard shortcut or option to be able to toggle these details on and off would be a great feature.

Default would be off but can be switched on for those times when you want to.

Formerly known as oddsocks

#7 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

Default would be off but can be switched on for those times when you want to.

(Which would be always)  :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: research, style, formatting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users