2 replies to this topic

#1 Jane

Jane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:25 PM

Is there any way to use the Papers feature without getting all of the instructions: Heading, content, insert topic, text, etc.  I would just like to use it to write like a new page in Word.  I opened a Blank page, but still didn't do it.

Thanks!

#2 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

Is there any way to use the Papers feature without getting all of the instructions: Heading, content, insert topic, text, etc.  I would just like to use it to write like a new page in Word.  I opened a Blank page, but still didn't do it.

Thanks!

It looks to me like the whole purpose of the "Papers" feature is specifically to create structured content. 

I guess if you want to use it to make unstructured content, you could just create one "block" with a heading, and put in 100 paragraphs underneath it?

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#3 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 6,327 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

You can also just put all of your content in each Heading, but use the Show: menu in the top left to hide the other fields.  Or, you could click the 'Add new Text Item' button and create simple text items to use, without the full hierarchy.

Joel Brown

By day: Lead Software Engineer at Accordance
By night: Freelance Trombonist

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: How to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users