New MacBook Pro touch bar (?)

scwatkins

I'm sure someone has asked this already (but I couldn't find it), or that the Accordance devs are already thinking about it and working on it. 

But how about some integration of the new 2016 MBPro touch-bar? I can envision some basic editing functions, some cool selection integration (highlight, add to stack, etc...), some awesome search functionality (enter command/symbol/tag, etc, some amplify options, etc... 

Is there any thought to developing some touch-bar functionality to Accordance 12? 

Thanks! 

• Like 6

I am impressed with the Touch Bar functionality that Microsoft has added to Office apps like Word and Excel (both of which I use every day). I'm still not in the habit of using the Touch Bar, probably because I use an external monitor and keyboard regularly with my MacBook Pro, but I believe it has great potential--especially if an external Bluetooth keyboard is released with a Touch Bar.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I would love to see this! I find Touch Bar extremely useful and would love to benefit from an implementation in Accordance also. Maybe if accordance purses this it would be helpful to toss out for discussion what functions people would find useful in the Touch Bar…?

Thanks for the great work!

+1

• 2 years later...

I am making some Touch Bar actions for Accordance. For instance, one is a single touch paste the selection into Word. 

What Touch Bar buttons would you be interested in?

• Like 7

Joe, I'm thrilled you're thinking about this.  I can't think of anyone more suited for the job.  I think these are probably the obvious ones that you've already thought about...

1. Copy verse(s)

2. Copy as location url 

3. Go to verse

4. Search verse

5  Search word

I'm sure there will be more complex commands others can think of.   Most of these services are from your 'accordance script library' that I use daily in conjunction with Alfred... They have worked seamlessly for years even with each new accordance update.  I use my touch bar MacBook more and more and would find touch bar shortcuts a real God send.  

Thank you.

• Like 3

Copy as citation!!! Copy as reference would be good too!  Though maybe I’m just dreaming....

• Like 5

The current Accordance Services (Quick Actions) work in the Touch Bar right out of the box. The main problem is that macOS's manages them terribly. Embarrassingly bad. Not only can you not tailor which Quick Actions show up by frontmost program, but the Quick Actions that don't work in a given context (text selection, insertion point, not a text area, etc) are still shown, taking up space, but are simply dimmed out.

I'd like touch bar actions to move between: research box, search box, and verse box

The various copy-as choices

Add to stack

Highlighters (for inspiration, look at the Preview app)

toggle library pane

amplify, lookup, search

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just received a new MacBook Pro with touch bar, and I'm REALLY hoping touch bar support is coming. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...