Custom Daily Readings (Devotionals) List

David Foster

I was just wondering how I can add a new devotional I just bought (The Way by E. Stanley Jones) to the daily reading list so I can have it come up as my default devotional? 

Thanks Kindly!

David,

Have you tried going to the window menu up top and then running your mouse down to daily reading? Holding the mouse over that shows me a huge list of devotional items I have installed.  Clicking on the devotional I want gives me a new workspace with a devotional on the left and a Bible on the right.  If you have already tried this then I am not sure what else to recommend.

Thanks Rick, when I do that it just lists the preinstalled devotionals that came with the Accordance package I bought... not the individual devotionals that I have bought separately. 

That's odd.  I just bought the Ancient Christian package and the devotional in that is now in that list.  I would guess that you have already quit Accordance and started it back up.  That is the only thing I can think of that would maybe wake it up a bit...

Our mistake. "The Way" wasn't tagged as a devotional resource. Fixing it now. Will have an update asap.

Thats great news Mark- thanks. I think another resource, Devotions on the Greek New Testament by Duvall, also has the same problem. 

I had a bought it as a devotional but it don't show up in my preferences under the daily reading list (to set the default devotional). 

Thanks again for your help though!

David 

Devotions on the Greek New Testament isn't really set up as a typical devotional tool. It has 52 entries, but if you look at the Table of Contents, you'll see that it is organized by chapter, and not by date.

Great... thanks for clearing that up!

Jones' "The Way" has now been updated to clear up this issue. If, after installing the update, "The Way" doesn't appear in your list of Devotionals, delete it from your library and use Easy Install to install it again.

Sorry again for the mixup!

Thanks so much Mark. It worked! 

One strange thing happened though, when I clicked on the daily reading icon a screen popped up that says "the NIV11 is not available in accordance"? 

Any idea why it would say that? 

That's strange. Try restarting Accordance, but hold down the option key while your restart. The Accordance Safe Mode dialog box will appear. Select "Clear Library Cache," "Clear Research Cache," and "Clear Cached Downloads." Then click "Launch Accordance." 

Let me know how it goes.

I restarted following your instructions and Accordance crashed! I clicked recover, and tried it and it didn't work. I tried it again and it crashed a second time! 

So no luck... 

I was trying to see if somehow I had made the NIV11 the default text but I can't find that option anywhere. I thought this might be the problem since I don't have the plain NIV11, I only have the NIV11GKE... not sure if that would make a difference. I just checked the other devotionals and they're coming up as ESVS though so?!

I restarted following your instructions and Accordance crashed! I clicked recover, and tried it and it didn't work. I tried it again and it crashed a second time! 

So no luck... 

I was trying to see if somehow I had made the NIV11 the default text but I can't find that option anywhere. I thought this might be the problem since I don't have the plain NIV11, I only have the NIV11GKE... not sure if that would make a difference. I just checked the other devotionals and they're coming up as ESVS though so?!

Try the Setup Assistant and see if maybe it is set as a Default or Alternate. On a Mac, Setup Assistant is under the Help Menu; not sure if it's found in the same place in Windows.

Thanks Julie, that didn't work either. Neither of the default texts were NIV11! 

Is there someway that when Accordance configured it they set the default text as the NIV11? Because like I said, none of the other devotionals are doing this, only this specific devotional.  :unsure:

Thanks Helen... I just did. It was set to ESVS. 

And sorry to bring this up as well... I just realized this morning that the devotional is set to the wrong day! This devotional is actually organized according to weeks so today was Tuesday, Week 7. However, Accordance opened it up to week 12, which is from March 20th -26th. 

• 1 month later...

And sorry to bring this up as well... I just realized this morning that the devotional is set to the wrong day! This devotional is actually organized according to weeks so today was Tuesday, Week 7. However, Accordance opened it up to week 12, which is from March 20th -26th. 

Sorry to be a bother, the problem with the date is still there... should I call the help line or is it best just to post a reminder here? 

Thanks kindly! 

I am sending it to Corrections using the Report a Correction feature.

• Like 1