Get Verses Book Names

Fabian

Hello 

If I use "Get Verses" from a German Bible which is set to display the German book names in Accordance, then the import of the book name is in English.

post-32723-0-09802300-1486940324_thumb.png

post-32723-0-63949200-1486940340_thumb.png

post-32723-0-40358600-1486940366_thumb.png

Thanks

Fabian

I would think this has always been the case, no?

I referring to the Accordance own "Get Verses" and it would be nice if my request would be addressed.

Even it would be nice if we can also choose between the full name and the abbreviation. 

Right... I know what feature you were demonstrating (I think you mean in contrast to the Services, which I assume also have this problem). I was just asking a clarifying question that this has been the case since the Get Verses feature was introduced.

You're absolutely right that it makes the feature useless pretty much for non-english primary users. It would certainly be helpful to non-english primary users to have it improved.

Technically, this is not a bug, however. You are pointing out a needed "Feature request". The program, while not doing what the user wants it to do, is doing exactly what it's programmed to do. It's not crashing or whatever.

Technically, this is not a bug, however. You are pointing out a needed "Feature request". The program, while not doing what the user wants it to do, is doing exactly what it's programmed to do. It's not crashing or whatever.

Yes, I was unsure where to post. In the Request or in the bug section. If I have it all in German I expect to get outputs in German. I don't have inside information how it is programmed. The chance was 50 50 to post in the right section. 

• 1 month later...

Is there a solution for this? 

Im preparing a lot of students papers at the moment and im very unproductive with the "copy as citation" by having an english book name instead of german book names.. 

Good Idea I post it there too.

Fabian,

We could pretty easily modify a custom version of the "Acc - Insert Verses" Service to substitute with German book names.

First, we'd have to settle on what custom format will be used... as in, the markers, is bookname abbreviated or not, is there a content reference before the verse? Is there a citation reference? etc.

The other thing I would need is a tab delimited file with the book name substitutes, as in:

Josh Jos
Judg Ri
Ruth Rut
…

or using full names if that’s what we prefer rather than using abbreviations.

You can message me if want to pursue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...