Stacks : cut and paste and such

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

Acc 12.0.4.

Win 10

I have a stack I want to copy in toto and paste into a LibreOffice document.

I have tried copying but I can only copy one item at a time. When I do that I only get the item note, the title and the quoted portion of the source text, but no citation as to where it came from.

I have tried printing to PDF. When I do that I can get all the information in a PDF file, but I then found that the Greek text was in Helena which when cut and pasted from the PDF reader became garbled in LO. If I copy an item from the stack and paste it into LO directly the text is exported as Unicode. I am a little surprised that the quoted text of the original language is not converted as it goes into the stack so that the stack is all Unicode. This would be a good option, even if the current behaviour were retained.

I cannot simply use the PDF and patch it up by copying the quoted text from each stack item either as the quote is not copyable.

I tried ctrl-A to copy the content of the whole tab - no good.

I tried Save As .... RTF - it tries to save as a PNG. If i try to Text File it tries to save as JPG.

I am running out of ideas. I know I could click on each item, go back to the source and copy as citation but that seems like work.

Ideas ?

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

Hey Daniel, a couple of things:

I have tried copying but I can only copy one item at a time. When I do that I only get the item note, the title and the quoted portion of the source text, but no citation as to where it came from.

This is correct, right now you can only copy one at a time, though we are working on adding multi-copy in the future.  However, I get a citation when I paste.  It should match your citation preferences.  What type of item did you copy/paste?

I have tried printing to PDF. When I do that I can get all the information in a PDF file, but I then found that the Greek text was in Helena which when cut and pasted from the PDF reader became garbled in LO. If I copy an item from the stack and paste it into LO directly the text is exported as Unicode. I am a little surprised that the quoted text of the original language is not converted as it goes into the stack so that the stack is all Unicode. This would be a good option, even if the current behaviour were retained.

The stack supports unicode, but it actually retains the unicode-or-not choice of its original source, only converting to unicode as needed.  Converting to unicode on print would potentially change the rendering output of the greek and hebrew, and its not an ideal way to get the text out.

Hey Joel,

Multi-item copy will be very cool - glad it's in the works.

Regarding citation : I was copying an item which is from selection of text from the GNT-Ecumenical Patriarchal Text. I have a number of selections from verse in different items. So they are in Greek. Then I have a few notes in English next to the item. Copying those I get the verse ref, my notes and the Greek selection but no citation. My citation prefs are :

post-32023-0-46239900-1487631426_thumb.jpg

Thx

D

OK, so you are referring to a missing Text citation - thanks.

• Like 1