How Can One Adjust the Info Pane Information?

Enoch

Thanks for the Info Pane now available via "Add Parallel."  The problem with it is that it displays huge screen hogging icons instead of a list so one may be lost in a forest unable to spot the trees.  I have a long list of commentaries.  Moreover, when one tries to adjust things with "set info pane display," the size control does not control the size of the text, but only of the icon.  Is there anyway to get a list instead of icons and adjust the font size?

What does the info pane display?  If one is on, for example, John 3:16; does the Info Pane show only commentaries on John (3:16), or does it include sets for which the John volume is not yet published?

Edited by Enoch

Thanks for the Info Pane now available via "Add Parallel."  The problem with it is that it displays huge screen hogging icons instead of a list so one may be lost in a forest unable to spot the trees.  I have a long list of commentaries.  Moreover, when one tries to adjust things with "set info pane display," the size control does not control the size of the text, but only of the icon.  Is there anyway to get a list instead of icons and adjust the font size?

What does the info pane display?  If one is on, for example, John 3:16; does the Info Pane show only commentaries on John (3:16), or does it include sets for which the John volume is not yet published?

For the 1.Q: You can adjust by cmd-T (Mac) or right click if the Info Pane is selected. With images or without, how big the images should be, how many commentaries should be displayed etc. 

For the 2.Q: It displays the Verse. So if you are on John 3:16 and the commentary has an entry for it then it shows this verse, has the commentary a verse range like John 3:15-17 the Info Pane will show this commentary when you scroll over this 3 Verses. You had then only one entry.

Greetings

Fabian

For the 1.Q: You can adjust by cmd-T (Mac) or right click if the Info Pane is selected. With images or without, how big the images should be, how many commentaries should be displayed etc. 

For the 2.Q: It displays the Verse. So if you are on John 3:16 and the commentary has an entry for it then it shows this verse, has the commentary a verse range like John 3:15-17 the Info Pane will show this commentary when you scroll over this 3 Verses. You had then only one entry.

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks for the helpful help.  After reading your comments, I went back & found that there was a "show bookcovers" option (not "show icon") which I had overlooked.  And I found that after I unchecked "show bookcovers," then the font size could be changed.

I regret that I could not understand your part 2 answer -- I think you must have accidentally left out some words in it.  What I would like to know if the Info Pane limits itself to commentaries on the passage one has displayed, or if it shows commentary sets which may lack the book one is working in.

Thanks so much for your help

Enoch, the info pane only shows commentaries that are pertinent to that particular verse.  i.e.. Commentary sets that do have commentary on your top verse (chapter or book) will not display.  

As an aside, (in case you're not aware) the structure is identical to your library structure, so you can rearrange your order of preference to suit.  Finally, if you have a large library you can set the number of commentaries that is initially displayed to 5, 10, 15 etc,. that number can easily be increased or decreased by using the (+) & (-) buttons that are just below the icons.

Thanks for the helpful help.  After reading your comments, I went back & found that there was a "show bookcovers" option (not "show icon") which I had overlooked.  And I found that after I unchecked "show bookcovers," then the font size could be changed.

I regret that I could not understand your part 2 answer -- I think you must have accidentally left out some words in it.  What I would like to know if the Info Pane limits itself to commentaries on the passage one has displayed, or if it shows commentary sets which may lack the book one is working in.

Thanks so much for your help

Thank for Paul who had answered this. And sorry there was 2 answers because you had made 3 Questions in the second part. And I have tried to answer all 3 in short.

• Like 1