IVP Dictionaries Question

Dr. Nathan Parker

See attached image. I see that four of my IVP dictionaries are listed in both a single module and four separate models. Why is this, and are these simply duplicates?

Thanks!

post-838-0-52191200-1487736967_thumb.png

• Like 1

I think I know it now. I was also surprised that I can download 4 volumes of the IVP. 

It seems, because now are all available as a separate module, they had splitted up the old 4 in 1 module. And you like me who had the 4 in 1 will have now both. 

So definitely duplicates in my eyes.

Thanks I don't have recognised, I've this double.

Unless you have notes or highlights that you want to keep, you can remove the older module with four titles. 

The more "old" modules I've got the more I would have the possibility to hide them separately in the "Easy Install".

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

Fabian,

I keep a folder called 'Older Modules' at the very bottom of my library.  That gives me three advantages:

1. It keeps them out of general sight and away from the Info-Pane

2. It gives me access to any older material that may be superseded.

3. It keeps them from showing up in easy install.

When I have duplicates, I just drag the originals down. Unless they are laden with images, the space required is actually very small.

• Like 3

@Paul

Thank yes I have done so similar. My folder is on the bottom of the commentary section. But yes to shift it to the bottom would be a better choice. 

Greetings

Fabian

With the new releases, we were able to provide the new 15-volume Pocket Dictionaries bundle. In order to allow a Custom Upgrade option for users, the single 4-volume module (IVP-Pocket Dictionaries) had to be available as four individual modules. Otherwise, the Custom Upgrade wouldn't recognize those volumes.

• Like 2

With the new releases, we were able to provide the new 15-volume Pocket Dictionaries bundle. In order to allow a Custom Upgrade option for users, the single 4-volume module (IVP-Pocket Dictionaries) had to be available as four individual modules. Otherwise, the Custom Upgrade wouldn't recognize those volumes.

Hello Julie

Thanks for the explanation.

Greetings

Fabian

Julie,

I prefer the four separate volumes.  I'm more likely to use them if they have their own individual space in the library.

Thank you.

Great! I'll pull the other 4 in 1 module and just keep the separate ones. Thanks for clearing that up!'

An ability to hide stuff in Easy Install would be super nice as well. I really could use this feature.

Great! I'll pull the other 4 in 1 module and just keep the separate ones. Thanks for clearing that up!'

An ability to hide stuff in Easy Install would be super nice as well. I really could use this feature.

I found out, that you can delete this module. It comes not again in easy install.

Greetings

Fabian