Copy Citation for Multiple Verses in Search Results

tennysonm

Thanks for such great software.  

At least for me, simply copying verses Command C produces bad results.  But copying a selection using the Citation copy Control Command C gives very nice results.  I am very thankful for that.

However suppose I do a search on "The Holy One" and get 58 hits.  I would like all of these verses in my notes.  As things are now, as far as I know, i have to copy each of these verses individually.  If i try it as a group I get nonsensical results.  So I am left carefully selecting the verse content of an individual verse (which is a little hard), hitting control command c clicking over to my note and pasting.  For a few this is not bad, but I would love a verse based copy that copies and pastes the entire batch as separate verses.  In the paste, they would look pretty much like they did in the search results.  

It should be doing that already. A lot will depend on the text you are copying and the program you are pasting into. Some of the citation options are available as modifications of the Copy command (look in the Copy as menu).

You can either post images of the source in Accordance and the results of the paste, or you can contact tech support for a screenshare session to help you get the desired results,

You are exactly right.  In getting my screenshots ready for a spirited response to your message, I tried a copy as "No Superscript" and it worked beautifully.  Sorry to have been a bother.  Have a blessed day!

• 1 month later...

copying a selection using the Citation copy Control Command C gives very nice results.  I am very thankful for that.

By me none of the program commands work any more. Only the Windows system Ctrl C lets me copy the text and has it pasted just as the copied text, without information of the bible Book chapter and verses nor bible version, which I then have to add manually, very annoying and time consuming, it also appearing in huge letters in my paper, having it to edit it.

Previously I had no problems with copying (if I remember rightly).