Fabian

Hello

By starting with the KJVS with GNT-TR and GNT-TRS

post-32723-0-35504600-1488573370_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Genesis is not a book in GNT-TR or GNT-TRS

Oh yes sorry. I felt in a trap. 

I was confused about the tagging of the NIV GK/E to the GNT-TR, wich was in interlinear other than in the parallel view  and wanted to see how this is with the KJV and totally forgot what you had remind me now. I just saw a bigger mistake:-)

Anyway unfortunately I didn't find the mysterious tagging anymore.

It seems it was not a good idea to work on Friday night.

Edited by Fabian

O.K. 

New start:

Why are they totally different? post-32723-0-77277400-1488614697_thumb.png or here post-32723-0-54379800-1488614917_thumb.png?

If you put the texts you are using in parallel and mouse over them to check the tagging you will see that there are many discrepancies, especially in the GNT-TRS. For example in  your second screenshot the word "know" is tagged as GK G3857 | S G3608a   οἶδα   oida except in the GNT-TRS where it is tagged as 1492 εἴδω eido, found in Greek Strong's but not in the Mounce Dictionary. The differences in tagging show up in both cross-highlighting and the interlinear. These cannot be more consistent than the underlying tagging.

Frankly, using texts with Key numbers is a prop or shortcut intended for those who have not had the priviliege of studying the original languages. Just as each translation is an interpretation, so is the tagging, both of the original texts and of the Key numbers. Many texts only put Key numbers on the significant words. Strong's system is over 100 years old and modern scholars disagree with him on the roots and relationships of some of the words. The phrase tagging in NIV11-GKE has tagged 4 words with the same Greek word in your first screenshot. There are many reasons for discrepancies, and they are really not important. The text itself is.

• Like 1