Biblia Hebraica word tagging Parallell bug

FingarK

(1. Kings 5:27-28) Both the word shlishim (thirty) and shlomo (Solomon) is rendered as Solomon in any parallell bible. This has happened other places in the Hebrew bible too. I have never experienced this in the GNT TR Strong´s. As you see in my pictures, the instant details gets the word right, but in the parallell bible, it is translated wrong. It could be a fault in the grammatical tagging. (H8010) Fix it. The Hebrew bible is free in Olivetree biblesoftware, and one of the reasons I bought it in accordance was for the grammatical tagging. I really love Accordance, and hope to see it fixed  :)

post-34312-0-83751300-1488719207_thumb.png

post-34312-0-14193400-1488719220_thumb.png

Edited by FingarK

Not all the parallel bibles though.  JPSS, NIV11-GKE both get it right.

Gordon, that is strange. I only have ESV and KJV with grammatical tagging, and both of those get it wrong. Strange that both ESV and KJV would get it wrong, but JPSS and NIV11-GKE would get it right. I thought the problem was with the HMT-W4. but if it works with other parallell bibles, then the Hebrew cannot be the problem...

Typically the cross highlighting is based on the tagging within the parallel text, not the original language text. If the cross highlighting is off, it is most likely an issue with the English version. Sometimes it is simply a limitation with the cross highlighting algorithm, but many times we can fix it. There are basically two sets of taggings (which is why ESV/KJV/others are different from JSPP/NIV11/HCSB/others).

If cross highlight is off, you can report the issue from the English text and we can review it.

• Like 1