"Custom Research" Volume inside Module

Benjamin Gladd

Hi!

I thoroughly enjoy the "research" feature in Accordance 12, but I'm wondering if it's possible to isolate an individual volume within a module and "research" only that volume.

For example, I'd like to search for a particular word or reference in Beale's Biblical Theology and in Osborne's commentary in ZEC. As it stands, I'm forced to research the entire ZEC corpus. I would love to have the ability to research particular volumes inside the module. 

Thanks!

post-30071-0-99073300-1489065198_thumb.png

That's close, Fabian! If only we could do that through the research feature! 

This would be nice to use for guys like NT Wright, so that one could see where his comments on a particular verse or topic throughout his writings. It would prove very, very useful. 

Ben, create a custom group of the modules you want to search (like all the Wright modules) and then you can select the group in the research drop down and you can research his modules only.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Ben, create a custom group of the modules you want to search (like all the Wright modules) and then you can select the group in the research drop down and you can research his modules only.

Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Thanks! I get that part, but I'm looking to search inside a particular module. For example, I'd like to "research" only Schreiner's Galatians commentary in the ZEC. I don't want to research any of the other commentaries in that module. I know that it's possible to search that commentary but not with the "research" function in Accordance 12. 

Ahh I get it. Yes I think you are correct. It has to be from within the module to do a search on an individual volume within a multi-volume commentary. I agree it would be nice though, but if you search all English content limited to that volume you get close. Yes I know it's more steps.

Edited by Ken Simpson

Thanks, Ken!

Ahh I get it. Yes I think you are correct. It has to be from within the module to do a search on an individual volume within a multi-volume commentary. I agree it would be nice though, but if you search all English content limited to that volume you get close. Yes I know it's more steps.