MT-LXX Parallel

sgreen

I just noticed that I have in my library a MT-LXX Parallel (v. 1.3) and a MT-LXX2 Parallel (v 1.6). My question is simple, how come I have two versions? I guess that v. 1.6 is the latest one, which means I can delete v. 1.3, but how do I then rename v. 1.6 without a nr 2?

This are to different Modules. The "2" indicates often an alternative version. You see it if you open the MT-LXX2 there is only Josh, Judg, and Daniel. 

Dont delete it.

• Like 1

In most texts that have a 2 module, the second module includes alternate versions of the same passages, usually reflecting alternate Septuagint versions. This is also true of the MT-LXX.

In the case of commentary series we also use 2 to indicate an alternate commentary on the same book. However, 2 can also be used in a module name to indicate a second edition or version, so it's not entirely consistent.

The "About The Text" information should be helpful, and can be found in three places: selecting the pane with that module and going to the Accordance menu (on Mac, I think Help menu on PC) or the right-click menu, or clicking the i button beside the module in the Library panel.

• Like 1