Searching for consonant combinations

Cohenoam

Hi,

I'm trying to search for all of the places in the Hebrew Bible where we have the consonantal pair of דת with the ת immediately following the ד (and particularly such occurrences at the beginning of a word, but that is not as important). Is this possible?

Thanks!

You should be able to search for דת followed by *.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Thank you! That worked beautifully. 

Do you know if there is any functionality to limit such a search to the beginning of a word?

What I gave you should have worked that way. I'm guessing by your response you got some unexpected results. If so, could you post some examples and what text you were searching and I can take a look a bit later on ?

Thx

D

Be sure you enclose your search in quotes otherwise you are searching for the lemma which could have other characters in front of it. However, if you want to exclude the prefixes which in Accordance are separate from the search point of view, you would have to use a Construct window and negate all cases with a particle prfix in front of you word. That might negate cases where the particle is actually separate from the word, so it's a little complicated.

So, along Helen’s lines, try this...

post-29509-0-08864000-1489358555_thumb.png

Sorry to correct you, Ken, but it needs to be INFLECT not LEX, and to have a WITHIN. See my screenshot. It works for this case, but if I reverse the NOT on the particle I see that it has eliminated two cases where the particle is separate from the word. Since there are not too many hits here, it's easy to filter them manually.

Construct.png