Papers Improvements

jarcher

A few improvements to Papers that would be great to see.

1. It would be great if all select items could be modified using the text formatting options. For example, command-A all items then change the font. Right now you must select the text to change text format. It would be great if you could select just the outline object.

2. Sync between systems (I believe this has already been mentioned). I'm using Papers quite a bit in my prep. between two computers so sync would be huge benefit. Right now I'm doing it manually.

3. It would be great if you could select individual elements to include per outline object (summary, content, notes, etc). Or, if one of those is blank the line disappears (rather than currently it inserts a blank line in your document).

4. I've also noticed that in order to get all the text on a printed page the page margins must be less than 1.0 inches. Maybe this is my printer...

• Like 1

Let me respond to each:

1. This I'd consider a bug, as the font size, style, and justification can already be changed in that manner.  This should be fixed next release.

2. This is already on our list, don't worry!

3. I think this is a good idea, we'll probably implement the case where an empty element disappears from the document until you try and add content back to it.

4. This is where I'm not following you.  What are you trying to print?  Are the margins being calculated incorrectly?

Thanks, as always, Joel.

For some reason when I attempt to print from a Paper (whether it be printing to a PDF or actual paper) some portions at the bottom of the page gets cut off. I think I've tested this both on Windows and Mac and it happens with both.

I though changing the bottom margin to .5 instead of 1 fixed the problem but I looked again and it is just cutting off something else.

As an example.. let's say I have a Paper with 15 elements. The 5 element is at the very bottom of the page when printed. However, if saving to PDF or printing to paper the page will end with element 4 and element 6 will start on the next page. As a result.. a bug it appears.

Here is a photo.

On the left is the PDF output. On the right is my actual Paper.

You can see that on the left at the page break that item "VI. The Increase of Sin..." gets cut off.

post-211-0-62965000-1490641657_thumb.png

Edited by jarcher

Ah, if its a matter of missing content when wrapping to page 2, I believe this has already been fixed for 12.0.5.  I can confirm it, if you can e-mail me your paper?

• 3 months later...

I've got missing content when wrapping again. :-(

Edited by jarcher