copy user Bibles to iOS

EricC

I have Accordance 12.0.4 on my Mac. I have Accordance 2.4.5 (Build 2.4.4.8493) on an iPhone 6. The app on the iPhone was recently transferred from an iPhone 5, and I could not get Accord iOS to work on the iPhone 6. I finally just deleted the entire app and reinstalled it. Now Acc iOS works, but, of course, I lost my user modules (user Bibles).

I have used the iOS app very little, sticking mostly with the desktop version for Mac. Therefore, I'm really in the dark about how to do this (and I only recall that the last time I copied a user Bible from Mac to iPhone I did use WiFi). However, we're now traveling and I'd like to use the iOS app on my phone. Is there a way to copy certain user Bibles from my Mac to the iPhone without WiFi? My only internet for my Mac where we are staying for approximately the next month is a mobile hotspot from the iPhone. Do I just need to go find free WiFi somewhere and do it on someone's WiFi? Seems to me I should be able to just plug in the iPhone to the Mac and copy over my modules. Is that not possible?

I've tried looking in Help on the Mac, but didn't come up with anything to help.

I do have Dropbox syncing turned on on both iOS and Mac OS, but I think from what I read that only is for user highlights, user notes and such.

Thanks!

Mmmh, Airdrop don't work, over the cable it don't work either. 

Is it possible to do it over a 3. iPhone? Your Mac and your iPhone connected with the Hotspot?

Greetings

Fabian 

No need to go anywhere for free WIFi. Or to have a separate WiFi router or access point available. Your Mac can create a temporary WiFi network that your iOS device can connect to. Then just follow the WiFi syncing procedures Mac found in the Help. When done syncing you can then turn off the temporary WiFi network you created on your Mac.

• Like 1

No need to go anywhere for free WIFi. Or to have a separate WiFi router or access point available. Your Mac can create a temporary WiFi network that your iOS device can connect to. Then just follow the WiFi syncing procedures Mac found in the Help. When done syncing you can then turn off the temporary WiFi network you created on your Mac.

I thought about it but I was not sure if this works.

Thanks

Works great. I use it all the time. Particularly if I'm somewhere with busy and/or slow WiFi. In those cases I usually set a password or make it private so others don't have access.

Scott,

Thanks for that info. I guess I need to shut off DropBox syncing first before I can sync via the Mac-created "Device" WiFi?

User bibles are handled like purchased content rather than user content. So there is no need to turn off Dropbox syncing unless you have other user content you want to sync at the same time. Otherwise user content will be ignored during WiFi syncing.

User bibles are handled like purchased content rather than user content. So there is no need to turn off Dropbox syncing unless you have other user content you want to sync at the same time. Otherwise user content will be ignored during WiFi syncing.

Thanks for the explanation about user Bibles.

I have now successfully synced modules to the iOS app. (I did shut off DropBox syncing anyway.)

I found out on the web how to assign a password to the Mac's hotspot (WiFi network).

Thanks for all the help. Everything is working as expected now.