CW Pseudepigrapha: missing headings?

Drew_A

So I went ahead and purchased The Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha Volumes

The informational sectional headings are not part of the text. However, they are not contained in the notes/cross reference modules. Those seem to be a vital addition to the work. I recognize that they might add complexity to a digital module but they should at least be available in some form.

Attached is an example of 1 Enoch from print and Accordance.

post-30759-0-00039900-1490901582_thumb.png

post-30759-0-36857500-1490901603_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I also found via a quick search Logos does have this information. Perhaps I am missing something entirely?

3364.logos-enoch.PNG

So as to create no confusion as to what is the work of the original source and what is the work of the editor, Accordance has traditionally kept texts "pure" without editor headings. Section headings and footnotes have generally been kept separate. I don't make the decisions on this kind of thing, but as I stated recently in regard to biblical texts, I would like an optional command to include the section headings. Optional is the key word here as some absolutely do not want them. But I find the section headings to be helpful in not only breaking up and separating the text, but also making it easier to find specific content.

So as to create no confusion as to what is the work of the original source and what is the work of the editor, Accordance has traditionally kept texts "pure" without editor headings. Section headings and footnotes have generally been kept separate. I don't make the decisions on this kind of thing, but as I stated recently in regard to biblical texts, I would like an optional command to include the section headings. Optional is the key word here as some absolutely do not want them. But I find the section headings to be helpful in not only breaking up and separating the text, but also making it easier to find specific content.

Something like https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/13348-user-bibles-import-options/?p=70418

Yes the option would be brilliant ...Separate is fine by me. I just would like access to this information in some form... those headings are still part of the work that the module is derived. 

It was an oversight that they were not retained in the corresponding Notes modules. We are going to add them back in, but cannot give an exact date as to when that will be completed. It will of course be a free update.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 6

Thank you Rick! That makes me so happy to hear. :) 

So glad to hear this was a simple oversight.

You folks are the best!

Drew

• 2 months later...

Hey Rick,

Is there any update on this?

Thanks,

Drew

Working on adding the outline headings to the notes file now. Sorry for the delay!

• Like 1

Thanks Mark! Very much appreciate the update and the work...

Drew

• 1 month later...

Hey Mark

I wanted to see what the status of this was.

Thanks,

Hey Mark

I wanted to see what the status of this was.

Thanks,

Drew, Sorry for the delay. Mark is currently away, but I will follow up with him on this when he returns so that we can expedite it.

Sorry about the delay! Just returned from conferences in California and Kenya. Trying to get back on track :-)

• Like 1

Thanks Mark

Have a new semester starting so this will be very helpful!

Drew

• 1 month later...

Mark

Checking in on the status of this... Any chance this will be available soon/this year?

Thanks

Drew

Soon. And certainly this year. Sorry for the delays, but some time-critical projects bumped this one. It's on the top of my list though.

Mark, is this the plan for all content or just the Pseudepigrapha? For example, will BIble translations have headings w/ the ability to turn them on and off?

(Totally recognize there are no promises here)

Sorry to disappoint, but the missing headings will be added to the notes file, and not the main text files. 

• 1 month later...

Is there an update on this? I know this isn’t ‘high priority’ but it was reported in March and now it’s nearly the end of the year.

Drew

• 4 weeks later...

We've just released an update to Charlesworth's Pseudepigrapha that includes the headings and some misc. corrections.

• Like 1