Migrated to new Mac from Time Machine

David Padfield

I just bought a new Mac to replace the one in my home office (yeah, I know the new models will be out soon). I migrated all of my old files and apps from my Time Machine to the new Mac. All of my other programs work fine, but Accordance gives me a screen on launch than I cannot get rid off or get past. The warning says, "The location of the file ".fdr54j38a" has changed (or it has been deleted) since Accordance accessed this file the last time."

I can click the "OK" button, but nothing happens. I have no idea what this file is or what it does. I was running Accordance 12.0.4 on my old machine, and I even reinstalled it on the new one—but the same screen appears. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

post-18816-0-42409400-1491032239_thumb.png

The advice i got was to do a clean install of accordance when i got a new mbp. Can you delete any accordance files on your new mac and reinstall from scratch. I think if you search the forum, you will find comments to specific locations where the preferences are set and stored which will help with finding the files to delete.

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/19058-advice-on-installing-on-a-second-computer-please/

Edited by ukfraser

The advice i got was to do a clean install of accordance when i got a new mbp. Can you delete any accordance files on your new mac and reinstall from scratch. I think if you search the forum, you will find comments to specific locations where the preferences are set and stored which will help with finding the files to delete.

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/19058-advice-on-installing-on-a-second-computer-please/

Except the Accordance Files Folder in the document Folder with the User Tools etc.

Greetings

Fabian