• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:28 AM

When you do the "two finger swipe down" on the screen, it seems accessibility is not supported? It says:

"No speakable content could be found on the screen."

Is there a trick to make it work, or is this just not supported at all?

(Am I the only one that likes to listen to my books rather than read them? This works in kindle, and iBooks, but admittedly, Logos haven't quite worked it out either—they have partial support)

Attached File  IMG_8870.PNG   519.39KB   0 downloads

• Fabian likes this
My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#2 jmc1982

jmc1982

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:52 AM

When you do the "two finger swipe down" on the screen, it seems accessibility is not supported? It says:

"No speakable content could be found on the screen."

Is there a trick to make it work, or is this just not supported at all?

(Am I the only one that likes to listen to my books rather than read them? This works in kindle, and iBooks, but admittedly, Logos haven't quite worked it out either—they have partial support)

attachicon.gifIMG_8870.PNG

Off-topic, but just 'cos you said it - it works waaaaaaaay better for me on Logos than Kindle? The latter stops working at the end of each page, unless the app is always open. The former will happily read away in the background, flipping pages merrily as it goes. What do you think is better about Kindle's implementation?

#3 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:41 AM

Off-topic, but just 'cos you said it - it works waaaaaaaay better for me on Logos than Kindle? The latter stops working at the end of each page, unless the app is always open. The former will happily read away in the background, flipping pages merrily as it goes. What do you think is better about Kindle's implementation?

Where did I say waaaaay?

Logos: For some reason, some books in logos will just keep on reading, and some will intermittently stop. I thought it might be to do with the fact that some resources are not downloaded onto the phone (it reads until it gets to the page it has not yet downloaded), but I don't think it is consistent like this.

Kindle: I think that intermittent stopping has happened, but I don't think it has happened lately. Perhaps its because I don't close the kindle app while its reading?

Edited by Ιακοβ, 06 April 2017 - 05:53 AM.

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#4 jmc1982

jmc1982

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:55 AM

Sorry - I didn't mean that you said the word - just the topic I was responding to.

Anywho, thanks for responding. I just find it interesting that we've had such different experiences - it's been my most consistent problem with the Kindle app (that I need to leave the screen turned on, the orientation fixed and the app in the foreground if I want it to read out more than a page at a time). I was struggling with that even this morning. No issues at all with leaving the other app in the background after I start it.

• Ιακοβ likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iOS, Accessability, Screen Reader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users