English Audio

farcas

Am I missing something or is there no English audio module? If not I would think that would have a huge appeal.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you are requesting.

If you just want to have your computer read an Accordance resource, select a passage and click "Speech" on the Toolbar. If the button isn't there, add it by right-clicking the toolbar to customize it. You can then add the button. Set the voice and speed in Preferences>Speech.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

• 5 months later...

I think he's asking about a professionally read English audio Bible.

Accordance has modules with professionally read Greek and Hebrew audio, but I don't see one for English or any other language. There's lots of these out there. It would be nice to see some available within Accordance.

Historically this functionality (text to speech) was built into the Mac OS; I cannot comment on Windows.

I have the audiobook of the NIV read by David Suchet from iTunes, it would be great to have a one-click idiot-proof method of syncing with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I myself would like to have in-sync audibibles to purchase within Accordance

In both ENGLISH and SPANISH.

On iOS app store you can find several audio-bibles. On MAC App Store as well, but it would be easier and more comfortable to buy and use audio modules from within accordance.

Some of these audio bibles are so advanced that the in-sync scrolling is visual (a highlighting green or yellow bar flows continuously through the text as audio verses are being spoken), which is a step higher that Accordance Hebrew audio file, as you never lose track of how far has the audio progressed. I have one of them called NIV Live (dramatized audio bible) and it is awesome.

I hope Accordance can catch up soon

Hello 

In another App which I own we can add https://www.cereproc.comfor speaking out loud.

I copy paste the description of the other App:

http://jutoh.com/images/blackbullet.gif CereVoice files

CereVoice from CereProc is a high quality speech synthesis system supported by Jutoh. On Windows, you can use CereVoice via Microsoft SAPI, and on Mac OS X you can use CereVoice via Apple Speech Manager. On Linux, and other platforms if you prefer, you can use a command-line CereVoice tool that Jutoh runs to generate speech. Download a file for your operating system, unarchive to a suitable location on your hard drive, and go to Jutoh Preferences/Speech. Select the CereVoice speech engine, click Properties, and choose the 'cerevoice' file ('cerevoice.exe' on Windows). For more details, please see the Jutoh bookAppendix B: Configuring Jutoh and Chapter 21: Working With Text-To-Speech.

Older version:

Maybe this would be an option too.

Greetings

Fabian

Hello 

In another App which I own we can add https://www.cereproc.comfor speaking out loud.

I copy paste the description of the other App:

http://jutoh.com/images/blackbullet.gif CereVoice files

CereVoice from CereProc is a high quality speech synthesis system supported by Jutoh. On Windows, you can use CereVoice via Microsoft SAPI, and on Mac OS X you can use CereVoice via Apple Speech Manager. On Linux, and other platforms if you prefer, you can use a command-line CereVoice tool that Jutoh runs to generate speech. Download a file for your operating system, unarchive to a suitable location on your hard drive, and go to Jutoh Preferences/Speech. Select the CereVoice speech engine, click Properties, and choose the 'cerevoice' file ('cerevoice.exe' on Windows). For more details, please see the Jutoh bookAppendix B: Configuring Jutoh and Chapter 21: Working With Text-To-Speech.

Older version:

Maybe this would be an option too.

Greetings

Fabian

Hi Fabian, I checked out the demo voices and they sound exceptionally clear and lifelike, far superior to the the built-in Apple voices and others I've toyed with in the past.

Thanks for the link

• Like 1

Hi Fabian, I checked out the demo voices and they sound exceptionally clear and lifelike, far superior to the the built-in Apple voices and others I've toyed with in the past.

Thanks for the link

Thanks I don't have tested it. But it sounds great what you wrote.

Greetings

Fabian