Where does Accordance store all the purchased books at?

Ashadelo

On a Mac. I am in the process of transferring all my files over. But I cannot seem to find my purchased books. I found all the user created notes and stuff. But the books I am not sure where they are located. I really don't want to re-download all of them as it would take me days (the connection is horrible in China).

Any help would be a huge blessing.

Thanks.

If you have a mac it's usually, Users /~ Home Folder [Name] / Library / Application Support / Accordance

If you move them manually, you usually have to run the the main installer / program again so that it can locate the files, otherwise you would need to locate and open each module manually. 

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

If you do NOT find your books in the "Users" folders, you may find that they are stored at:

Macintosh HD [or whatever your hard drive is named]/Library/Application Support/Accordance

Ok, I found two different folders both in different locations and both titled, "Accordance Files" but these keep files like notes, created sessions, etc. But they do not contain the books. I still have not found the books in ether location you two mentioned. Actually in those two locations were those two folders. But they do not contain the books.

You should be looking for a folder with Accordance / Modules / Tools...  do either of the two suggestions have a module / tools folder?

Its possible that they are marked as hidden... if you know how to unhide files, you may discover they are actually in those folders.

Alternatively I there is a free app in the app store called 'Easyfind'.  That will search for everything; folders, files, hidden files. etc.

I've ran different searches for 'accordance', 'tools', 'modules', 'NKJV',  'Easton' etc and it gave me the exact location for them all.  Whereas the apple finder tends not to search for library,  hidden files or system files.

Paul.

In that "modules" folder you may also find folders for Texts, Tools and several folders with names beginning with "Shared..."

Ok, i will try again. So far I have had no progress :(

Hi Ashadelo,

Can you see Home > Library > Application Support > Accordance > Modules > Texts , Tools, etc.?

Library is a faded color on my computer, so it was probably hidden by default. I followed the instructions at http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/quickly-showhide-hidden-files-mac-os-x-mavericks/to unhide it.

Regards,

Michel

you make the library appear by going to the GO menu in finder and holding down the option key the Library folder will become visible between HOME and COMPUTER, but only as long as the option key is held down.

-dan

• Like 1

Hi Dan,

As an aside, your suggestion doesn't work for my Logitech keyboard. Does it require an Apple Keyboard? Or, is it because I unhid my hidden folders permanently?

Regards,

Michel

From El-Capitan onwards... if you open the 'finder' and then cmd-J and click the 'show library folder' it will always show without having to use the keyboard steps described above.

Hi Paul,

I'm asking this as a fairly new Mac user. I tried your suggestion and get this:

post-32543-0-18464900-1491678987_thumb.png

I don't see the “show library folder.” Any ideas/comments?

Thanks.

Hallo Michel

Öffne "Finder -> Press the alt key -> klick on Go To ->  then you see Library -> click on it -> Application Support -> Accordance"

Grüsse

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Hi Fabian,

If I open Finder, and press Alt, I don't see any Go to, except at the top menu, Go > Go to Folder. If I search for Library, I get this, without Accordance:

post-32543-0-15384000-1491680143_thumb.png

Is this a different library than Home > Library > Application Support? If I'm doing something wrong, you might have to send me a screenshot. It's all fairly new to me.

Thanks.

Michel

Yes the Go To on the top. If you click on it and press alt you have to see the Library. (Sorry it's not possible to send you a pic, because I have to press alt and the shortcut key for the pics at the same time.)

Strange it looks like you are on the right Folder. By me also the AppStore and CrashReporter is in, but where ist your Accordance Folder? Mmh but you have also no Apple folder which I have in. So go to the Finder then on top "Go To" with pressed alt key.

post-32723-0-77111100-1491681505_thumb.png If you press "alt" here the Library entry comes.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

Michel, sorry I should have been clearer.  

1. Open finder

2. Make sure you click and highlight your home folder (so that the home folder is showing)

3. cmd-j  (Alternatively  - go to view / show view options)

4. click show library

Step 2 is important or step 4 won't work.

Additional tip: you can now drag the library folder onto the sidebar so that you will always have a shortcut.

Please let me know how you get on...

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1

Hi,

Thank you Dan, Paul and Fabian. Yes, I was missing Step 2.

Hopefully this will help Ashadelo find his Modules.

Regards,

Michel

. . . it would take me days (the connection is horrible in China).

Hi Ashadelo,

I'm wondering, is that why we only hear from you once in a while on these Forums? It takes a week to load a Forum page? :)

Regards,

Michel

Hi Ashadelo,

I'm wondering, is that why we only hear from you once in a while on these Forums? It takes a week to load a Forum page? :)

Regards,

Michel

It takes around a month Edited by Ashadelo

Praise the LORD

I like this

Edited by Michel Gilbert

Praise the LORD, Praise the LORD! I finally got everything found and transferred over. It took a long time but I got everything up and running again. I also want to say thank you to all of you who helped me, especially in recommending "easy find".

• Like 3