Ever since the new update for Accordance iOS I have been having syncing issues

Ashadelo

Both my iPad and iPhone when syncing with my macbook give me the message, "this device has never been synced before" and then I need to click around 100 times, "update" from my laptop to my iOS device. Does anyone else have this issue? It's annoying since I need to sync everyday.

I have attached two photos

post-33440-0-19177200-1491916147_thumb.png

post-33440-0-69635600-1491916149_thumb.png

If I'm right this came after you copied paste the modules? In so, you have two versions and Accordance want to know which one you want to save.

Greetings

Fabian

Both my iPad and iPhone when syncing with my macbook give me the message, "this device has never been synced before" and then I need to click around 100 times, "update" from my laptop to my iOS device. Does anyone else have this issue? 

I was able to reproduce this by creating new installations of 12.0.5 on my Mac, 2.5.1 on my iPhone (iOS 10.3.1), and Dropbox syncing my user content to both. When I tried to WiFi sync, Accordance (Mac) gave the same warning and sync conflicts. I think that Accordance is mistakenly reporting a conflict because it thinks both were modified after the last sync. I will investigate a fix in a future version of Accordance.

I am not sure what triggered this when you upgraded to iOS 10.3/v2.5. We will look into it.

In the meantime, here is a workaround:

• Start a new WiFi sync and “uncheck” all of your user content. This will not erase your user content on your device - it will just ignore them while syncing. This will sync your purchased modules and produce a valid "last sync time"
  • After a successful WiFi sync, start another WiFi sync without modifying the checked items. This will compare the modification dates of your user content and sync them appropriately (your purchased modules should already be synced) . 

Let us know if there are any problems,

Mike

• Like 1

If I'm right this came after you copied paste the modules? In so, you have two versions and Accordance want to know which one you want to save.

Greetings

Fabian

Actually this started before I purchased the SSD.

I recreated the problem after closing out accordance and the accordance app and then syncing again. The issue poped back up

I installed 2.5.2 and now have unreliable syncing. After a period of time I get a "Sync error" message. When I click on "ok" of the sync error dialog box Iaccordance goes into the spin mode (spinning wheel). I have to double click and close Iaccordance and upon restart Iaccordance does not start where it left off but instead goes to Genesis 1:1. It is reproducible!

Bob

I recreated the problem after closing out accordance and the accordance app and then syncing again. The issue poped back up

Thank you for the feedback, I was able to reproduce this and will investigate. 

I was able to get a good sync by using a better internet connection. While I am testing using my normal connection, it seems Iaccordance is timing out quicker than usual.

Bob

I am having an issue as well.  When I try to sync user content on my iPad (running the newest version of Accordance) it gets to syncing my major User note file, hangs, and then crashes Accordance.  I am attaching the screen that ut shows before crashing.  I have rebooted my iPad, and tried this several times over the last week, always with the same result.

In Christ,

Bret

I installed 2.5.2 and now have unreliable syncing. After a period of time I get a "Sync error" message. When I click on "ok" of the sync error dialog box Iaccordance goes into the spin mode (spinning wheel). I have to double click and close Iaccordance and upon restart Iaccordance does not start where it left off but instead goes to Genesis 1:1. It is reproducible!

Bob

Yes, I have also had this issue for about half a year or so now. I just never said anything because it was not that big of a deal. However, onetime I had done a lot of reading and did not bookmark where I had left off did a sync (about a week later). Only to find out that open reopening my book I was back at the beginning :(

There's a long thread here about significant issues with Accordance 2.5 and iOS 10.3. There's a good chance this bug is related. The iOS developers are working hard on the issue, but it's not fixed yet.

Many bugs have been fixed in 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 which will be released soon. Our team are still working on a fix for multiple bugs introduced with the iOS upgrade to 10.3 on older (32 bit) devices. Our mobile app is running fine on the iPhone 6 and 7 and the newer iPads.

• Like 1

Many bugs have been fixed in 2.5.1 and 2.5.2 which will be released soon. Our team are still working on a fix for multiple bugs introduced with the iOS upgrade to 10.3 on older (32 bit) devices. Our mobile app is running fine on the iPhone 6 and 7 and the newer iPads.

Interesting, because I experiences multiple crashes everyday (90% of the time through syncing) on both my 6s Plus and iPad 2017 (just bought a week and a half ago). Crashing on my iphone and iPad will eventually cause the OSX Accordance to crash.