Attention Users Running iOS 10.3 and Having Issues

Chris Rockwell

If you're having issues after the 10.3 update we'd like to gather some information to help us pinpoint these issues. If you experienced repeat crashing upon launch, and/or the app is laggy/sluggish, give us your device model (iPhone 5, iPad 2, etc), and an explanation of the issue you're having below. This is only for users that are crashing on launch, and/or the app is very slow. If you've crashing due to an action or some other scenario, such as highlighting or suchlike, post it in the bugs forum. 

Thanks,

Chris

I can now get the app to run after the latest update, but it is so very slow that I cannot install any texts. It's essentially stuck in the shape it comes as a new download (because I had to delete it, along with all my texts, after the previous update, which wouldn't load at all).

I have an iPad 4, 64gb, running 10.3.1.

• Like 1

I can now get the app to run after the latest update, but it is so very slow that I cannot install any texts. It's essentially stuck in the shape it comes as a new download (because I had to delete it, along with all my texts, after the previous update, which wouldn't load at all).

I have an iPad 4, 64gb, running 10.3.1.

Ok, thanks for letting us know. This is very helpful. We're working to get this resolved asap.

Chris

I too am experiencing extremely slow performance with iOS 10.3. My iPad is 4th generation with 32 GB. I too deleted and reinstalled the App. When I select texts to get my list of Bibles I get the same 5 translations listed multiple times. ESV, KJV, NKJC, WEB, NASB, ...the sequence just keeps repeating. 

I also have an iPad 4, 64Gb with iOS 10.3.1  It takes a few tries to get past the splash screen to the sign in and, once I'm actually in the app, it moves very slowly with no real time scrolling until it finally crashes.  I did a few deletes/downloads and even a factory reset with a backup & restore.  Still no help.

All 32 bit iOS devices running iOS 10.3 or later are currently affected by these types of issues. This includes the iPad 4 as well as the iPhone 5 and 5C. The only fix is an update to the mobile app which is currently under testing and should be released soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yikes, that's a bug that would be annoying to test for.

I guess on the plus side, 32bit support is almost finished... sad about my iPhone 5 though

We believe the latest iOS app version (2.5.5) has fixed the known 32bit device related bugs.