Accordance Services: Amazing! Tweakable?

Bodie Quirk

I absolutely love Accordance services and I so wish that I had found them earlier. Being that I do all of my content creation in Keynote, OmniOutliner and Scrivener, these services are going to save me so much time and tedious copy/pasting. I was even planning on putting verses in TextExpander, but this is FAR superior! With that I have a question

About the "Insert Verse" service...

1) I have noticed that when you insert more than one verse, it works great, but there is no space between the verses. Is there a way to tweak it to account for that?

2) Is there a way to remove the Bible version reference? I mostly use the same Bible translation so repeating NKJV every time isn't really necessary.

These are nits. Services have totally made my day, and even if these are not possible, I am still THRILLED to have found them.

Accordance, you never disappoint.

Bodie

Do your Citation preferences not control the appearance of the text when exported through Services?

Hmm, that is a good question! Could you point me to where I would need to check that? Thanks Helen

Bodie, go to Accordance preferences / Citation (about half way down the left hand column) under Content Reference you can manage what copies, when used with copy as citation.

I'm pretty sure citation prefs influence service rules.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Bodie,

Adding to what Paul said above, look at the attached screenshot and click off the "include text abbreviation"

post-29479-0-17265500-1492802735_thumb.png

Edited by Tony Lawrence

Bodie, I had an issue with having no space included in between verses either. It was a bug that not everyone was experiencing but it got fixed by the superb Accordance help staff. They said to set your settings to look exactly like this and then it should solve the issue.

(After you apply the changes, you can customize them again and the issue should be resolved; at least that's what worked for the Accordance support team and myself.)

post-31238-0-21104700-1493145166_thumb.png

Edited by Jordan Gowing

The Get Verses from Accordance Action that makes up the Acc-Insert Verses service has an option whether to use the Citation format when pulling the text. If the Service is opened in Automator, you can see that Use Citation Format is selected by default. When not selected, you get a basic by-verses format.

• Like 1

And as for the basic orignal question, are the Services "tweakable?"   Yes, extensively, expansively tweakable.

Edited by Joe Weaks
  • Like 1