Ed Heckman

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:07 AM

Accordance for iOS currently resets the scroll of an open Tool to the beginning of a section whenever the iOS device is opened from sleep. For example, I've started reading the volume on Athanasius in the Church Fathers module. The Preface is long enough that it contains chapters. But no matter how far down I am, if I put down the iPad and come back to it, Accordance has gone back to the beginning of the Preface and I have to to a lot of scrolling to find where I was. I have also noticed this with parallel tools in split screen mode.

It would be really helpful if Accordance remember the current scroll position for texts.

Ed "What the" Heckman

#2 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,438 posts
  • Platforms:None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

It should remember the scroll position to the closest paragraph so if there is a long passage without paragraph breaks then this is as currently designed. Otherwise that sounds like a bug.

#3 Ed Heckman

Ed Heckman

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:31 PM

It sure looks like the Church Fathers (Nicene & Post 2) has paragraphs. Here are before and after screen shots between putting the iPad to sleep and waking it up again.

The spot in the before image is about 17 full screens down from the beginning of the Preface.

Attached Files

Ed "What the" Heckman

#4 Ed Heckman

Ed Heckman

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

FYI, here are two additional shots showing the effect in spilt screen mode. The comment in EBC-R for this verse has two paragraphs, but it jumps back to the beginning of the comment.

Attached Files

Ed "What the" Heckman

#5 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,438 posts
  • Platforms:None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

The first case certainly looks like a bug. How are putting the iPad to sleep in this example?

The second case does not. The commentary in the secondary pane appears to move to the top of the v19 article which corresponds to v19 being the topmost verse in the primary pane text.

Edited by Scott Knapp, 18 April 2017 - 04:22 PM.

#6 Ed Heckman

Ed Heckman

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

Both pressing the sleep/power button and closing the cover which has magnets that trigger sleep produce the same result. I haven't tested what happens if it goes to sleep on its own (yet).

Ed "What the" Heckman

#7 Ed Heckman

Ed Heckman

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

The commentary in the secondary pane appears to move to the top of the v19 article which corresponds to v19 being the topmost verse in the primary pane text.

Sometimes the commentaries have a really long entry and I get interrupted in the middle. It would be nice if that didn't reset either unless I scrolled the primary text.  :D

Ed "What the" Heckman

#8 Ed Heckman

Ed Heckman

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:55 PM

The first case certainly looks like a bug. How are putting the iPad to sleep in this example?

Update: I just finished testing what happens when the iPad goes to sleep on its own. It does the same thing.

Ed "What the" Heckman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users